I hate breakfast

Options
I know what you are going to say, "It's the most important meal of the day," but I just don't like it. I do eat breakfast at the weekend, but then it's more like a brunch. A mix between lunch and a late breakfast.

I have never eaten breakfast, not as a child and not as an adult. I drink something, either tea or water and I am ready for the day. I am just not hungry before lunchtime.

I feel like I am wasting calories because I make myself eat breakfast now. It makes me feel tired and bloated. I don't 'care for it.

Am I the only one who doesn't like to eat breakfast?
Do I really have to include breakfast in my meal plan?

I don't care for cereals, I am not crazy for eggs and I eat fruits as snacks during the day.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat breakfast, don't eat it. Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss, it's strictly a matter of personal preference (workout performance, satiety, etc.).
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cutting on your breakfast can actually aid weight loss if youre eating healthy through the day and following your own natural patterns
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So don't eat it. There is no reason to if you don't want to.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it don't eat it then. There is evidence that whether you eat 1 meal a day or 6 the net result is going to follow your calorie intake. Too many calories and you gain, too little and you lose weight. The most important thing is to not replace that missed breakfast with snacks of garbage food later in the morning. Having said that it also depends on your exercise routine. I hit it hard in the morning and have to eat breakfast.
  • Hwy2TheDangerZone
    Hwy2TheDangerZone Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    To each their own!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Another, don't eat it :)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure who is standing in your kitchen forcing you to eat breakfast, do you live with the owner of a cereal company?

As others have said, it's OK to find your own pattern of eating that makes you feel good and keeps you healthy.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would literally never say breakfast is the most important meal of the day (okay, I just did, but typing doesn't count). Don't like breakfast? Don't eat it. I found that eating breakfast, especially when eating a deficit, makes me ravenous all day. Seems like a waste of calories too, only to end up eating lunch a few hours later.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going to say, "It's the most important meal of the day," but I just don't like it. I do eat breakfast at the weekend, but then it's more like a brunch. A mix between lunch and a late breakfast.

I have never eaten breakfast, not as a child and not as an adult. I drink something, either tea or water and I am ready for the day. I am just not hungry before lunchtime.

I feel like I am wasting calories because I make myself eat breakfast now. It makes me feel tired and bloated. I don't 'care for it.

I don't care for cereals, I am not crazy for eggs and I eat fruits as snacks during the day.

Do you exercise? If so do you do it in the morning or evening? Just wondering because lately I've been hating to eat breakfast as well, seems to make me tired but I prefer to exercise in the morning and not sure if it's a good idea to work out on empty stomach.

What time do you eat lunch usually?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was firmly encouraged to start with breakfast at the same time every day in my diabetic classes. Are you diabetic? No? Then eat as you please then.

What typically is the first thing you eat in a day?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie in the AM but don't start drinking it until I'm actually hungry.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Do you exercise? If so do you do it in the morning or evening? Just wondering because lately I've been hating to eat breakfast as well, seems to make me tired but I prefer to exercise in the morning and not sure if it's a good idea to work out on empty stomach.

Not the OP but I work out in the morning without eating, it's no problem as long as I eat supper the day before. I do eat breakfast, but it's small and not until hours after working out (I work out at 5:30 AM and eat breakfast around 9:30 AM at work)
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going to say, "It's the most important meal of the day,"

I would never say that, because it's ridiculous - something people told their kids 40 years ago that has no basis in science.

Eat what and when you want.

• OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »

Not the OP but I work out in the morning without eating, it's no problem as long as I eat supper the day before. I do eat breakfast, but it's small and not until hours after working out (I work out at 5:30 AM and eat breakfast around 9:30 AM at work)

Thanks for sharing! How many calories do you eat for breakfast.. and what are you usually eating?
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's no crime to skip breakfast. Some of the greatest men and women of history eschewed breakfast. Goethe, for instance. Possibly Joan of Arc too, her visions kept her busy.
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I am fat and I am old. I can't exercise the way I am going to exercise in the future just yet. I walk up and down our stairs to an imaginary 9th floor. 12 steps up and 12 steps down. I do that first thing in the morning before I take a shower.

I feel fine without breakfast.