When do you eat?

Options
When do you eat? Or how do you know when to eat?

Are you used to eating at the same time each day? Do you wait until you're hungry? If so, what does that look like for you?

I feel like I eat out of habit (same time each day), and I eat if I am craving something. I'm interested in what others do! I feel like I should try and focus on my body more and listen to if it's actually hungry.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I just eat. But my routine is pretty set so my hunger cues and meals tend to be around the same times everyday
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I eat every 4 hours.
    Waking up coffee with lots of milk is a meal for me.
    By eating often I avoid getting hungry.
    If I get hungry I will eat anything that is not tied down, so this schedule really helps.
    I try to stop eating after dinner.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few different meal arrangements. Right now I'm on four meals a day and I think I'm settled. I don't have set times for my meals, but ranges that I really try to stay within. I have to make meals fit with my schedule for the day, but I aim to eat when I'm hungry. It's no big deal - looking forward to eating is also enjoyable, and I know I won't starve if I have to wait an hour.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    First meal at about 9am. Then every two hours or so the rest of the day till around 10pm.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Are you used to eating at the same time each day? Do you wait until you're hungry? If so, what does that look like for you?

I feel like I eat out of habit (same time each day), and I eat if I am craving something. I'm interested in what others do! I feel like I should try and focus on my body more and listen to if it's actually hungry.

That last part is something I've been trying myself, but I don't think I've reached that point yet. I change my meal times as I feel necessary, but I try to eat before I'm too hungry. I find that if I wait until I'm hungry, the hunger feeling can take an hour before going away.
  • jackslovely
    jackslovely Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually have breakfast at 730ish. There are days where i need a snack so ill get it around 11:15 then lunch at 230 and dinner when i get home at 830.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weekdays:
    8am snack
    11am lunch
    2pm snack
    4pm dinner

Weekends:
    non-stop
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. It can be very sporadic, I don't have a set time. I could be hungry as soon as I wake up (4:30 am) or I get hungry at 10am or at 12 pm or sometimes I've gotten hungry way until 3 pm.
  • lolosensan2
    lolosensan2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. Usually every 3 to 4 hours.
    Weekdays:
    8/9am
    12/1pm
    4/5pm snack
    6/7pm

Weekends are all over the place cause I like to sleep iiinnnnnnn.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I stopped worrying about when and how close. (who invented breakfast anyway?) I might have a bar and coffee and call it breakfast but i eat a good sized lunch anywhere from 10 am to 2 and then dinner at 6ish to later and it's usually my main meal. I try not to throw in to many snacks and focus on larger meals.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options

when i'm hungry
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I eat according to my appetite. Very little early in the day, saving up my calories for dinner and snacks--because I learned that's when I'm actually hungry. This is something you'll have to work out on your own using trial and error. I definitely save room for snacks, and keep things in small quantities that I can have based on craving.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever. It can be sporadic. Most of my calories are saved for dinner and dessert.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea, dinner most days
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I pre log my meals into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (normally 3 items)
    Breakfast is about 7.30-8 am
    Lunch 11.30-11.30
    Dinner 17.30-1900

Depending on the day and if I'm working or not. I then have my snacks as I'm hungry. On a busy morning with an early lunch I don't have a snack between if I'm home and plan a late lunch I'll have a snack before if I'm hungry. I like to eat something after dinner when I'm not at work so will save a snack for then
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When I can. I work in retail, and some days I go in at 4 AM, while others I may not go in until 10 or 11.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Lunch at 1-4

Supper at 10-12

If I have breakfast it's at 10
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    No set times for my meals, it varies depending on hunger level and type of previous meal. I'm retired so I no longer need to eat based on work schedule and wake up anywhere between 7:30 and 9 AM ... usually only want a couple of cups of water first thing. Later comes some coffee and if I'm hungry by then I have a meal. Fron them on it's when I'm hungry again and can vary from 2 hours to 5 hours till the next meal. I stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry usually 4-6 small meals daily.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If I get hungry I will eat anything that is not tied down

This made my day LOL