You know you're a Geek when.......

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    When you play so many FPS' that you think to yourself when you're walking around a corner IRL, "hmm maybe I should throw a nade around the corner before I walk into that room" then you realize it's real life and decide you should probably stop playing Counter Strike for at least a couple days.

OMG counter strike!!

I used to be ranked in like the top 100 players at that game!! I was the original "Boom[HS]"

There's a video of me on Youtube somewhere still I think getting a headshot with a Deagle across the dust2 map. :D

These comments bring back the itch to go slay people with the M3; the pump got a serious buff when source came out.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    totally outing myself here. i geek out about a lot of random stuff: archie comics, jason mraz, hanson, crafts (knitting, cross stitching), FOOD!

You're a Hanson fan?! I don't know you but I love you already! :flowerforyou:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member

Ok, I love you. Seriously. I'm a PS3 girl, and I just finished The Last of Us and am still in awe. I am dying for FFX to come out, because I wanted it so badly back when it was released, but my ex was anti-Sony.

I have yet to break my Final Fantasy XIII streak of 265 hours, though I came close with Skyrim at 210.

I probably could beat that time score for FF7! I have honestly played through the 99 hour mark... so many times... I am also doing it again on PC since they re-released it as a digital download (available both on square-enix.com and steam) so still clocking time after all these years.

I cannot believe how good The Last of Us is, if it were on all systems it would be hands down the game of the year for sure! Too bad he was anti-sony during that time, it was an AWESOME game. And X-2 was just as good, had some nice differences and definitely a lot of linking back to FFX. I still have yet to finish FFXIII, when I get to the really long battles and I almost want to just shoot myself and be done with it, it's a ton of battling in that game which for me is a bit of a turn off but glad they had some interesting story line and reading in it.

I wish they would re-make/re-do Xenosaga (not Xenogears) I, II & III. Incredible series and was definitely one of my all time favorites, and Grim Fandango was awesome too... gotta find that again.

I am planning on building myself a gaming desktop as I keep being lazy and buying the mid-level gaming laptops and they just cannot hold up to my use... So I think building one or having a custom built one will probably be the way to go so I get the most out of it and then I will probably buy more PC games.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    When your annual family vacation is to a sci-fi convention in Atlanta, and it involves year-long planning of superhero costumes with 10 of your friends and buying photo-ops with Star Trek actors. Dragon*Con '13, here we come :D

Yep. I did the Denver ComicCon instead this year, but am doing both next year. I didn't get a room reserved last year when they went up thanks to my world falling apart.

Getting to hug both William Shatner and George Takei at DCC is one of my greatest days EVAR.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Over half your exes*, 100% of your former roommates, and a significant portion of your friends are made up of people you either met over Xbox Live or working at Renaissance faires. :D

* Edit: Oh shiz, wait... Make that 100% of your exes. Damn.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    you've seen all them star trek
    star wars
    movies
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    you've seen all them star trek
    star wars
    movies

^This. In the theater. Upon release. *face palm*
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    you got pencils in a shirt pocket , behind ear etc
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    I was up and online at the launch of both Cata and MoP. :blushing:

I could go on with my Geek-ness but wont. :laugh:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    You have a long and heated argument with your BF about what constitutes an AI v.s what constitutes a robot.

I try a debate like this with my wife and get "Shut up" as a response haha.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    You like to spend your free time doing word-search puzzles and trivia, watching movies based on books just to see how much damage was really done (had a blast with the Twilight movies), and being able to watch TV shows you really like but either don't last very long or no one else has ever heard of.

Who can remember The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Awake, Do No Harm, and the 1999 cartoon The Magician?

Oh, yeah, and watching movies very carefully for something weird, like Gandalf's high-top sneakers in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    You have a Nintendo 64 emulator installed on your PC, a DVD with almost every game made for N64, and you use them both regularly. :blushing:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    not much of a gamer geek. but comics? hell yeah! sci fi? that's my JAM! Joss Whedon is my demigod of choice. i've won awards for fanfiction. and my dog down there on my counter? he's Weasley. my cat? he's Anubis... not Egyptian god, but SG-1 Goa'uld.
  • sixty_five
    sixty_five Posts: 12 Member
    when you are disassembling your laptop when you are bored.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Everyone in the neighborhood brings you their computers to figure out what is wrong.
  • Tony_Brewski
    You have a Nintendo 64 emulator installed on your PC, a DVD with almost every game made for N64, and you use them both regularly. :blushing:

Sorry I don't got the emulators any more I just dusted off my NES and SNES and hooked those up again instead. Much more enjoyable that way.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    You have a long and heated argument with your BF about what constitutes an AI v.s what constitutes a robot.

i would assume that a robot is 3 Laws Compliant - whereas AI wouldn't have to be.

that said, i'm actually pretty sure that *I* am 3 Laws Compliant...
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    You drive through a normally busy intersection that's deserted and your first thought is "Did I just lag out?"

You have become default technical support for your family.

There are one or more websites devoted to the intricate details of a fantasy world in your Bookmarks folder.

WoW Nerds Only: You can translate "LFTank Heals DPS H HoF then gtg"

Advanced WoW Nerds Only: You can tell why the previous message is a bad idea.
  • Look noobs:

GEEK =/= GAMER

A geek is a someone way into science and tech. Anybody can be a gamer.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Look noobs:

GEEK =/= GAMER

A geek is a someone way into science and tech. Anybody can be a gamer.

Correct! The title of this thread is miss leading...