Gross subject!! But need help!?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Anyone else get bound up from eating beef? Everytime I have a burger, roast beef, or steak I know I will be searching for the prunes and adding extra chia seed to my oatmeal for at least 5 days.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the macros for prunes.. 200 calories for a piddly 6g of fibre. Not worth it imo

I remember reading somewhere there is compound in prunes that helps to soften stools hence why prunes help people go to the toilet, no idea if is true or not though....

Prune juice does work ...... I had to give it to my daughter when she was a baby like at 5 weeks her doctor told me it was good for her ....Because the kid could not poop. Well it helped a lot .... I just had to find the right balance for her. Thank Goodness we grew out of that stage
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Can_Do_Gal wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Here's some woo I heard about the other day when researching essential oils: it said to put a couple drops of peppermint oil in the toilet and sit. Results should follow. I haven't tried it, just kind of shook my head, but hey, if there's anyone out there that has tried it, let us know.

It sounds insane, doesn't it? But...after I had 2 of my kids (via cesarean), I was having huge trouble urinating after they took the catheter out. I had the same nurse both times. She brought out the peppermint oil, and low & behold, it worked. She used a "hat" on the toilet & put quite a few drops in there. I could "feel" something.

I don't know if it would work for stool, but it worked for urinating. It does sound like woo, though, I agree. The first time I thought she was nuts.

I know peppermint tea is a good way to get things moving. So I'm not surprised the oil could do something like that. Especially since E.Os are super concentrated.
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It may be anecdotal, but when I started taking fish oil, I stopped having problems. I swear, it keeps the pipes lubed. I take 3 soft gels daily, but I'm pregnant. 2 for me, 1 for baby to make sure she is getting her DHA.

This surprises me as the last time I was pregnant the advice was to stay clear of eating things that will increase Vitamin A substantially in your system while pregnant. This includes liver and also cod liver oil. Maybe your gels aren't derived from fish liver and are safe for pregnancy, If so please don't worry with my post. If they are derived from fish liver then please look into this further.
  • JohnRybock
    JohnRybock Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What has helped isn't miralax, but benefiber, which is a soluble fiber that is tasteless... I drink plenty of water, and once a day, one of the waterbottles I add a couple teaspoon... dissolves even in icewater and isn't noticable when I drink. You could even cook with it (add it to soup or sauce). No issues from that, but do remember that everyone's system works different... what's "normal" function for you may not be "normal" for anyone else here, so don't fret too much unless it's causing discomfort or pain.