I got Naked today

Options
I got Naked today, for the first time. No worries, I kept all my clothes on, didn't shock anybody with my appearance.

No, I got Naked the juice for the first time and I am so surprised. I always just walked by that aisle, it wasn't really for me. I didn't buy HEALTHY STUFF like that, always preferred the candy aisle next to it.

I bought me a "green machine" a "red machine" and a bottle with a name that I can't remember, it contains beets according to the picture.

I had an extremely busy day, didn't really have time to prepare a snack or take a break. That juice (the red machine) came in handy. It tastes marvelous. It filled me up and it killed all my sweet cravings at the same time.

I thought I share my experience with the other rookies here. It would have never occurred to me that I could drink a healthy juice, instead of eating a candy bar.

I am loving this new lifestyle. I might get Naked more often. :smile:

Replies

• MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I love Green Machine!! I drink 8oz almost every morning. I make my own as well, but I always have a big bottle on hand in case I don't have time in the morning.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I've found any juice that tastes half decent is full of sugar. It might be the "good" type (aka, fructose) but for me, it's generally far too high in calories for my liking, but that is because it doesn't fill me up. If a juice fills you up and is an alternative to a chocolate bar which won't fill you up (and calories are similar) then it's definitely a better choice.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that you are enjoying something different. It does have a lot of sugar in it though, roughly equivalent to Coca Cola - even though it might say "no added sugar" on the label, a 450mL serving still has 43g of sugar in it (according to http://www.nakedjuice.com/our-products/juice/green-machine ).

It's a good thing that weight loss happens because of a calorie deficit, and sugar won't derail your progress :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Of course, there is sugar in it, I am aware of it. But sugar is also in strawberries, apples, and other fruits that I (now) eat.

I am thinking about buying a Nutribullet or a juicer. Drinking an apple with spinach and blueberries is just a healthier alternative to cake, cookies and candy bars.

I love to have a drink in the evening, wine or a cap cod...all of that contains sugar, so does the organic honey that I love (once in a while).

The way I look at it I can play around with the numbers for sugar, fat, sodium, protein and as long as I stay within the numbers I am fine and will shrink. :-)

• acsunshine101
    acsunshine101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Naked has a lot of sugar in it its a lot healthier to make your own smoothies.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar in a tiny bottle... It tastes good but I'd rather eat the real fruit :neutral:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Good Lord what kind of support is this here?????? Does my post sound like I can't read???? I am aware of the sugar content.

Do you have to put people down when they are happy while making baby steps toward healthier choices? I am here since a month, I lost 9 lbs and I am happy about it. "Too much sugar - too much protein - not enough protein - watch for the carbs. So many "experts" here give you all kind of advice.

I can drink/eat or eat 56g of sugar a day. I can eat fruits, drink a juice, even have a cookie if I feel like it. As long as I don't go over my calorie intake, I am will be alright.

I felt good about myself until I posted here.

That is true but naked juice is not as healthy as you would think. People are just saying that just because it claims to be healthier for you, doesn't make it so:
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Lord what kind of support is this here?????? Does my post sound like I can't read???? I am aware of the sugar content.

Do you have to put people down when they are happy while making baby steps toward healthier choices? I am here since a month, I lost 9 lbs and I am happy about it. "Too much sugar - too much protein - not enough protein - watch for the carbs. So many "experts" here give you all kind of advice.

I can drink/eat or eat 56g of sugar a day. I can eat fruits, drink a juice, even have a cookie if I feel like it. As long as I don't go over my calorie intake, I am will be alright.

I am sorry if my post contributed to making you feel bad. I'm very happy for you, that you are enjoying making positive changes. I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey - I know you will reach your goal because you get that the important thing is to consume less calories than you burn, and that the food (or drink!) itself is not so important.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I am just confused by why you thought it would not taste good or why you think it is so healthy now. But I'm glad you found a new snack/drink.
  • jssck168
    jssck168 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't think that these members intended to sugar coat their advice (no pun intended). I think they may have just wanted to have a discussion on the topic.. as this is a forum after all. No one want's to make you feel bad.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP on taking that first step - of many - in making a good decision for your health. They do get easier! Keep it up!
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    OP - sounds like you are making positive changes, I just wanted to say well done.

There are lots of people on here with hobby horses, you just have to wade through it and find what works best for you. How you stick to your calorie goals is entirely up to you, everyone is different and the concept of "healthy" is different to everyone, hence why there are paleos, vegans, vegetarians, low fat, low carb, high protein, high fat, clean eaters, no sugar, natural sugar and "if it fits in your macros" people out there, many of whom are convinced their way is the best way and even argue amongst themselves about what their diet actually means/is (esp paleo and clean eaters).
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I think people are putting the "drink down" and not you & are suggesting that making your own smoothie is even better if you've really decided to go down the "healthy lifestyle" track. If you're losing weight with your new found juice then everyone will cheer with you, so Keep calm & carry on.
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Of course, there is sugar in it, I am aware of it. But sugar is also in strawberries, apples, and other fruits that I (now) eat.

I am thinking about buying a Nutribullet or a juicer. Drinking an apple with spinach and blueberries is just a healthier alternative to cake, cookies and candy bars.

I love to have a drink in the evening, wine or a cap cod...all of that contains sugar, so does the organic honey that I love (once in a while).

The way I look at it I can play around with the numbers for sugar, fat, sodium, protein and as long as I stay within the numbers I am fine and will shrink. :-)

Well there ya go then.
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bghere1 wrote: »

]

Well there ya go then
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I'm quite perplexed by this thread. Usually people give eachother virtual high fives when they talk about their sugar consumption, followed by the "if you don't have a medical condition then don't worry about sugar".

OP if you're ok with the sugar levels in the naked drinks, then drink away. Sorry, gotta say, personally I avoid those types of drinks/foods.

I think it's a great idea to invest in a nutri bullet, i love mine and use it everyday. You have total control of the ingredients and macros, and you can make your smoothies to suit.

^^^ All of the above.

I love my Nutribullet as well.