what do you think?

Iknewyouweretrouble
Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
okay.. im asking because i have no friends IRL.. been with my bf almost a year, 10 months. i really care about him, he knows I would absolutely marry him, he's the greatest. 2 months into our relationship a girl we know who dated a guy for 3 mo got engaged. we both Thot this was way too soon but what'ver sometimes you know. I've always told him I wanted to wait at least a year so that u really know someone etc. then my sister got married and he couldn't be at the wedding and about one month before it he joked "hey do you want to get engaged before her wedding?" this was a haha moment and a No. now this Sunday he plans a dinner "with his friends" (he never sees his friends like that and never plans anything like that) and says that I'm coming and were going out to eat. now today he asked do I want to meet his brother (his brother is estranged from some of the family and lives a little far so i havent met him yet) at dinner on Sunday. am I paranoid or may there be a proposal sunday? I would love it but at the same time I'm not gonna bawl my eyes out if he doesn't.
the other thing is he's been working lots of extra hours not by choice for quite a while now, he has some savings, and I'm aware he's trying to save for a house and I support it (as opposed to a ring right away).
thoughts?

** also he asked what my ring size was a few weeks ago...

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    bumping cause I'm super anxious..:/ :):heart:
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    It's definitely possible. Especially since he asked your ring size! Even if this isn't the weekend him wanting you to be with his friends and meet his brother means he definitely wants them to know you because he's planning on keeping you around. What I can tell from your post is that he cares about you a lot and is definitely putting serious thought into your future together. Congrats on the future engagement!!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    ^^ aww thanks. I'm glad he wants me to meet his brother and I havent met a ton of his friends. He says they're asking when the wedding is cause they want to be invited...so I guess theyre supportive?

I'm a little freaked out...if Sunday comes and he hasn't i'll feel so much better!
    Maybe it's all in my head?
  • Crossfit112
    Crossfit112 Posts: 269 Member
    90 % proposing ! best of luck for u both
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I'm the least romantic person I know and even I'd bet that he's getting ready to propose. With how excited you are, I hope I'm not wrong. Good luck and here's hoping!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Oh my gosh thank you you guys! I'm really starting to get excited now...what will I wear?? Haha
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    any other ideas? maybe he's just hanging out with people.. he told me he paid off his credit card today...so I doubt a big purchase cleared...:/
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    any other ideas? maybe he's just hanging out with people.. he told me he paid off his credit card today...so I doubt a big purchase cleared...:/

Paid it off to make a big purchase soon? Definitely plausible, his lack of subtlety is a give away.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Looks like yes, but don't spend the whole time thinking about it. Have fun! :wink:
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Edit to Change response:

eh, never mind....you'll either get a ring or you won't.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    he said he was gonna close his card!
    Looks like yes, but don't spend the whole time thinking about it. Have fun! :wink:
    It's so hard to stop thinking about it. sometimes I think I'm not ready i need more time but at the same time I know he is the best man ever what more could there be than that. I'm goin to breathe and think about his friends and that's all. think about my impression to his friends and hopefully gaining some friends in the process. watching wedding shows is not helping!
  • mustang289
    putting WAAAYYY too much pressure on and you are gonna have a terrible weekend if you don't lighten up.

STOP watching those stupid fairy-tale wedding shows....they have nothing to do with being a married couple, they are only about 1 day in the rest of your life.
    Ask yourself if you want a wedding or a marriage. They are not the same thing.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    you're right I want to be suprised, I don't want to "know" at all!
    for my birthday he got me a necklace and those jerks put a Necklace in a ring box!!!
    Sooo freaked and then a sigh of relief that it was a necklace.
    so I've already been there! I really want to be suprised.
    I hope it's not this weekend I hope it's on any old day no clues!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    It's been so long since I've been able to watch any of that without clinging, I take it as a sign of being happy.
    I've had a fairy tale and I've been in a dreamland and I've had delusional expectations of love.
    with my boyfriend... he has all of those qualities I can only dream of... but he's real.
    nothing about our relationship is fake. the first time he came to my house he wore a shirt with holes in it. I've never felt like a
    person is more real and honest than him. I really would go down to the courthouse and marry him in jeans if that's what he wanted. he really is my dream/answer to my prayers.
  • mustang289
    I really would go down to the courthouse and marry him in jeans if that's what he wanted. he really is my dream/answer to my prayers.

Then do it. Nothing should stop you. Make it real, not about all this "do you think he likes me and is he going to give me a ring" type of BS.
    We did the Justice of the Peace marriage 28 yrs ago (her second, my only) and have lasted, while I've seen plenty of couples with the big "look at me I'm getting married" party-type weddings crash and burn after only a few years.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    It's definitely possible. Especially since he asked your ring size! Even if this isn't the weekend him wanting you to be with his friends and meet his brother means he definitely wants them to know you because he's planning on keeping you around. What I can tell from your post is that he cares about you a lot and is definitely putting serious thought into your future together. Congrats on the future engagement!!

This (:
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    I think you should put it out of your head honestly. If theres not you will be totally disappointed. If there is there will be a nice surprise. But dont work yourself up, just start thinking its not gonna happen. You are just meeting his friends no biggie. I know its hard but trust me on this one. ( Yes trust this girl you dont know replying to a post on the internet... lol but seriously, take my advice )
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    I think you should put it out of your head honestly. If theres not you will be totally disappointed. If there is there will be a nice surprise. But dont work yourself up, just start thinking its not gonna happen. You are just meeting his friends no biggie. I know its hard but trust me on this one. ( Yes trust this girl you dont know replying to a post on the internet... lol but seriously, take my advice )
    thanks!
    I know ill think about it at some point this week but I won't dwell on it.
    I don't need to cling to that anymore.
    Just like with fb and wanting to rip peoples faces off for writing how great their relationship is when come to find a week later they are gettig divorced.
    I know he loves me and the rest of my life is now..: ***being a hypocrite and bragging on the net about how great he is***
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    possible yes!!! good luck!!!

now you gotta tell us if he did or not on sunday.....
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member

just to calm you down a little bit: if the day comes and he hasn't proposed, it could be that he got too nervous and panicked. Or that he's still waiting for the perfect moment.

But yes, to me also it seems like he's getting ready to ask you, whether now or sometime in the near future. Just... please don't put a deadline in your head on it and don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen when you think it should/would happen?