Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Australian Women: What's your height, weight, and size clothing?

13»

Replies

• ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    A bit too small for me currently (hence MFP) - but I have size 6 trousers from Country Road. What the What?!? Even when I'm 'trim' I'm not a 6. I find the whole vanity sizing kind of ridiculous.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    tomteboda wrote: »
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Portmans

I'm a steady 14 at Portmans for pants skirts and a 12 in tops.

I am too but I don't find Target generous. I prepare to try on 12-16's there. I think their sizes dodgey so I'm not surprised you had to go up. Sizes can be inconsistent shop to shop but I've found Target inconsistent garment to garment as well.

I find target impossible, in general. Their clothes are ALL too short for me, and generally the arms and legs are tiny.

Ironically I live in Target Corporation's home state, a place where there are a *LOT* of tall women.

I think I'm average height at 169(?) but my mum's taller and she finds length a problem. I can relate to tiny arms and legs. It really depends though doesn't it? Fabric, cut, style.

Overall I just hate trying clothes on TBH. Through all sizes, drove my mum nuts as an average sized kid. Target makes me work too hard. Part of the motivation in losing was buying off the rack. Boom. Done. Outta here.

I still wear mostly yoga pants and the like because I can't be arsed trying gear on. Hand me downs are great!
    ivylyon wrote: »
    A bit too small for me currently (hence MFP) - but I have size 6 trousers from Country Road. What the What?!? Even when I'm 'trim' I'm not a 6. I find the whole vanity sizing kind of ridiculous.

Re: vanity sizing. They've changed the uniform sizes at DD's school. Medium is now a small, small is extra small and they added a xxs. Still wrapping my head around the reasons for that. It kinda stresses me oddly.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,432 Member
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Portmans

I'm a steady 14 at Portmans for pants skirts and a 12 in tops.

I am too but I don't find Target generous. I prepare to try on 12-16's there. I think their sizes dodgey so I'm not surprised you had to go up. Sizes can be inconsistent shop to shop but I've found Target inconsistent garment to garment as well.

I've found the same thing.

These days, I can fit in Size 12 ... but every so often I'll go into a 14 and 14 is usually just a touch large. So I bought a pair of fuzzy pjs the other day in a size 14, figuring they'd be slightly large and comfy. The bottoms are ... the top is just a little tight.