Eating foods that's healthy or what you like.

2»

Replies

• tanya_03
    tanya_03 Posts: 14 Member
    Healthy eating is very much about personal preferece really, because it is about what it is most important to you.

For example I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible and concentrate on having fresh fruit and veg, as for me that's "healthy eating". So if I do want a treat, like cake for example, I will try and make it from scratch or buy it from a bakery as opposed to buying one from a shop
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,522 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I notice when I try to lose weight I tend to eat so called healthy foods example I have all bran buds fruit and skim milk because high in fiber and fiber is well healthy. Now I would much rather have an egg white sandwich cheese lettuce tomatoes and little mayo.

Is this breakfast?

Personally, I'd go with 2 whole eggs (not just egg whites, no point to that), 2 pieces of whole grain toast, possibly a bit of cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes if I felt like it, and of course butter on the toast. That's a delicious weekend breakfast. :)

Egg whites have a point if you just want more protein but not the extra fat or calories. It all depends what fits.

Was going to say something along those lines. I eat egg whites a lot for the protein and low cal.

The only way I like egg whites is whipped with sugar ... and baked ... on top of a lemon pie. :grin:
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    For me they're one and the same. I love the healthy foods I eat. Yes I love "junk" food too, but I'm wanting a healthy lifestyle as well as losing weight and want to carry on eating healthily when I reach my goal too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I eat nutritious AND delicious foods 90% of the time, and indulge in some less nutritious treats the rest of the time. It works for me.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    What I like can range from Oreo cookies to salads. I ate them all, just kept a religious log.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Portion control and trying to make healthier choices when I can :) But yes, I'm also one of the people that always ate more 'healthy' stuff so I guess it wasn't a big or difficult thing for me.