Creepy guys/girls staring at you while working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    THIS, I was reading this topic to share a funny story about my school gym, and then got really really angry when among the FIRST responses people showed that they've been brainwashed by a flaw in our culture.

It is NOT THE FAULT of a girl for getting creeped on, whether she is wearing a sports bra or a burka. It's the fault of the guy for being creepy. I hope someday every parent spends more time teaching their boys to be gentlemen than demanding their girls to cover up by shaming them if they don't. It'd work a lot better.

Lack of discipline; most of these guys can't stay focused on their workouts to keep their eyes off other women. Or they're in the gyms for completely wrong reasons. Too bad they can't figure out their lack of focus in the gym will be a huge turn off for you ladies that truly are driven.

I have a friend who competes back at my home-station who once asked me why I never said hi to her in the gym. I told her it's because those of us that are serious about fitness already know the ladies have enough trouble with guys talking to them in-between sets. The stories she shared about the creepers were seriously disturbing. One guy was able to recite every workout she did that day. I told her best thing to do about creepers is just say hi to the guys with amazing physiques. Most of them keep the conversation short and the fact that you acknowledge each other will subtly crush a creepers ego since he can't compete. This would stop the creeps from trying to talk to you at the very least.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Some of us manly men are remarkably discrete. In fact, some of us older bulls help guide the hormone-laden younglings with a smack upside the head when they forget their manners. Just saying...

:laugh:
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    And now I'm actually going to share my story lol. Not quite as creepy luckily.
    I was in my university's gym (my school has a rep for having "not attractive" students. If they totaled brains and beauty together into a final score we'd be off the charts comparatively, brains are sexy people, but nevermind that's not the point of my story) and the gym was full as usual due to low self esteem levels. I went there to do yoga after realizing there was no room in my dorm to fully extend my arms without hitting something immovable. I'll use punctuation to illustrate the scene:

Large built-in foam floor for yoga is the solid line, and the dotted line is the mirror. There are weight racks in front of the mirror.
    _______________ -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    x

I am x on this map. If I were to plot each of the weight lifting guys as Ys,
    _______________ -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - gym and weight area extends 50 feet this way -->
    x .........................Y.....Y.....Y
    ................Y..................Y....Y

Then another girl walked in and went to the stationary bikes, illustrated by this OO, and the distribution shifted and I was mostly saved.
    _______________ -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    x................................................. Y...........Y.....Y
    ........................Y.......................... Y
    ...................................................................... OO

Edit: had to adjust with .....s as the spacing came out poorly
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options

So, do you have any workout stories with any creepiness factors?

So I am assuming you are looking for creepy stories as opposed to convicting this person as a serial creeper and this thread got a little off track. Here's a story for you -- So my son is talking to me on the phone, walks into the fitness center looking for his girlfriend who I will add at this point is pretty good looking. He is in there around 5 min turns around walks out the door to see if she is waiting outside. He gets out the door on the sidewalk and this dude rushes out the door and starts yelling at him for ogling this dude's girlfriend. My son tells him, "Man, I have no clue what you are talking about or who your girlfriend even is." The man says his girlfriend told him my son had been staring at her for a long time, and threatens to beat him up if he catches him around her again. About that time my son's girlfriend walks up and asks what the problem is. The mans mouth apparently fell open and everything got really quiet, after a long silence the man shook my son's hand and apologized, saying he had apparently mistook him for someone else. This may not be creepy, but it still is strange and funny.

Ahaha! That's horrible, but also funny (: Thanks for being the first person on the 2ND(!!!) page to actually post their story (:
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who has actually ever administered an 'attitude adjustment' to a stalker? Bloody flock of sheep!
  • HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I stare at cute guys and I've seen guys stare at me. I've only ever gone up to one guy at the gym and given him my number and then he never called and I switched gyms.
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    My flat mate used to put on make up when she went to the gym then complained when the 'wrong' blokes stared. I had little sympathy :).