What's YOUR favorite ice cream brand?

Options

Replies

• Barrett9835
    Barrett9835 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I live in Maine and love Gifford's Old Fashion ice cream! My favorites are blueberry, mint chocolate chip and raspberry!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Jeni's
    Ample Hills
    Graeter's
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with Halo Top right now. But I'd also say Haagen Daz peppermint bark, and B & J's cherry garcia.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've been eating something called "net zero " protein ice cream. It's more like an ice milk, but tastes pretty descent. Around 150 calories for an entire quart! I think the protein is around 7-10 grams per quart. Several flavors, however the brownie blast has a lot of sugar (20 grams!) I will usually mix in a scoop of casein protein( adds 110 cal and 24 grams protein) for a "sweet tooth " satisfying snack.

I'm intrigued....where do you find this?
    Loe917 wrote: »
    I love Blue Bell. I can't buy it or I'd eat a bowl every night. I just stick to the real fruit popsicles whenever I'm craving something sweet and cold.

I'm a Blue Bell girl too. Natural Vanilla Bean is my fav. The Halo Top Vanilla Bean is really good too and what I eat now.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Haagendaz and Ben and Jerry's...
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I find it in Walmart,SAMs club, And in a local grocery store chain called hyvee
    I've been eating something called "net zero " protein ice cream. It's more like an ice milk, but tastes pretty descent. Around 150 calories for an entire quart! I think the protein is around 7-10 grams per quart. Several flavors, however the brownie blast has a lot of sugar (20 grams!) I will usually mix in a scoop of casein protein( adds 110 cal and 24 grams protein) for a "sweet tooth " satisfying snack.

I'm intrigued....where do you find this?
    I love Blue Bell. I can't buy it or I'd eat a bowl every night. I just stick to the real fruit popsicles whenever I'm craving something sweet and cold.

I'm a Blue Bell girl too. Natural Vanilla Bean is my fav. The Halo Top Vanilla Bean is really good too and what I eat now.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose a favorite, I'd have to say either Blue Bunny or Kemps or, for premium brands, Steve's, Talenti and Halo Top.

I have no clear cut favorites -- depends on the flavor and what I'm in the mood for. Lately my supermarket has added McConnells, which I like a lot. I also live near a Jeni's, which is good.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Haagen Daaz and Talenti for full-fat. I have to say, Kroger's PS brand does put out some good things too from time to time. Their black raspberry chocolate chunk is OMG. For reduced fat, Breyers tends to be the best. For frankencream, I have only had Arctic Zero. No one sells Halo Top here yet??!

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Haagen Daaz and Talenti for full-fat. I have to say, Kroger's PS brand does put out some good things too from time to time. Their black raspberry chocolate chunk is OMG. For reduced fat, Breyers tends to be the best. For frankencream, I have only had Arctic Zero. No one sells Halo Top here yet??!

Frankencream...bwahahaha. I love it. I actually like AZ because I like an icier ice cream. Halo Top tastes like real ice cream. It's hard to find here too, but occasionally I can. I saw that Kroger black raspberry chocolate chunk just the other day and thought it looked amazing.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    A local place, Henri's, for coffee ice cream. Strongest coffee ice cream I've ever tasted and it's awesome. They also have a cinnamon, a specialty toffee, and a wedding cake flavor that are outstanding. Tasted their Do-si-do last weekend and I think that'd be a win, too. Yet, somehow, they manage to completely destroy chocolate (to the point I actually spit it out) and most of their other flavors are too sweet for me.

For chocolate sorbet, Paciugo's. Gelato Fiasco's is great, too, but I can never find it locally.

For sweet cream ice cream, Cold Stone. Once it's mixed with strawberries, yellow cake, and roasted almonds it's perfect.

For dulce de leche, Haagen dazs. Must have with banana.

For rocky road, Baskin Robbins. Yeah, I know. There are plenty of more interesting versions out there, but they just don't suit me. It's a childhood thing.

For the unusual, Jenni's, Cool Haus, and the new Central Market specialty ice creams.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    the OLD FORMULA of ben and jerry's coffee health bar crunch.

Best ice cream ever. I was obsessed during my pregnancy.

killlls me the changed it. Happy they are using sustainable stuff so no actual health bars. Its to different now. If i woulda known they were gonna change it i would have stocked up for life haha!
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Same here. The cookies n cream. OMG!!!!!!! But they kept getting food recalls lately so I have switched to Edys, loaded chocolate brownie. I can't bring myself to eat another brand's cookies n cream.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Graeter's, Oberweiss.. I can't be asked to pick between the two.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    i used to really love blue bell but every time ive eaten it recentlt, its been dissatisfying
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ben and Jerry’s. Anything really. Phish food is awesome!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    asjt678 wrote: »

Same here. The cookies n cream. OMG!!!!!!! But they kept getting food recalls lately so I have switched to Edys, loaded chocolate brownie. I can't bring myself to eat another brand's cookies n cream.
    HEB has a really good cookies and cream flavor.

Honestly, cookies and cream was the last non holiday BB pint I've decided to pick up. The only reason I finished the pint is because I was binging
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I want to pick up Kroger's blueberry pie flavor! Their chocolate eclair was amazing. I picked up so many of these when I was binging. I seriously went to Krogers almost everyday and picked up that and some Thinster salted caramel cookies.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We have a local brand called Van Rixel Bros. that makes this dreamy lemon lavender ice cream, but it's only seasonal. If I trusted myself, I would stock up, but that would be a recipe for disaster.

I also love: Blue Bunny Bunny Tracks, Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, and my guilty pleasure is a Sonic Snickers Blast.

ETA: Tried Three Twins Mint Chocolate Chip a few nights ago and it was really good - it had all these interesting spices that added a depth to the flavor. Looking forward to trying more, especially since they sell single-serve cups. :smiley:
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    We have a local dairy chain, Lourdes, that is to die for. My favorite is their mocha almond fudge, but the double dutch and the pecan praline are good, too. It makes logging kind of a nightmare, because they don't have nutritional information. I just try to find something similar in the database.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom. Vanilla is fat free and only 90 calories per half cup. I can always fit in a scoop or two in my daily diary. ;)