Any Oklahoma Peeps?

Options
Shoebacha1
Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
I am in the Stillwater area in Oklahoma. Anyone near me? Looking for a weekend adventure pal/group. Especially horse people! My husband and I enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, horseback riding, kyaking, road trips, rollerblading, swimming, snorkling, bike riding....just about anything. Also, it is always good to have buddies all over for the road trips and long distance adventures. Traveling is more affordable when you can split a hotel or beach house rental with other people. :)

Replies

• GetfitDrinkwine
    GetfitDrinkwine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oklahoma! Not super far! :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ardmore. You run? I'm doing the Jenks half in November
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    No, I am afraid I do not run. Maybe when I lose more weight and it would not be so hard on my body. I am sticking with more low impact activities right now.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Went to Lake Carl Blackwell to swim. Lots of boats out. I think next Summer I will have a jet ski. Saving for it now.
  • smsadamah
    smsadamah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! Okc!
  • Wyokca
    Wyokca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in Edmond and was starting to feel like I was the only Oklahoman on MFP. Feel free to add me, anyone! Ultimate goal is 215 pounds to lose.
  • Nurse__Jess
    Nurse__Jess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tulsa
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    smsadamah wrote: »
    Yes! Okc!

Awesome. You in security?
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Wyokca wrote: »
    I am in Edmond and was starting to feel like I was the only Oklahoman on MFP. Feel free to add me, anyone! Ultimate goal is 215 pounds to lose.

I am on the road to losing 100. Down 17 pounds last time I checked. Good luck!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I'm in Tulsa

Sweet! I hopt to go to the Tulsa zoo pretty soon. I love the aquarium at Jenks. Tulsa is so much nicer than OKC.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Today was a day for Watermelon. Yum!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    It is taking EVERYTHING I have in me not to weigh in. I have had to make several trips to the medical department, passing that stupid scale. I had to put a belt on to keep my size 20 jeans up! I have had 4 different people ask if I have lost weight. I am wearing a shirt I have not worn in forever (without spanks anyway) and I went up a hook on my bra. BAM!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    OKC!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Good ol OKC. Love Bricktown. Have you been to the Voo Doo Lounge? That is my favorite place to go for a night out.
  • wdunderwood67
    wdunderwood67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ada
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No. Don't go downtown or to Bricktown much other than riding my bike through it on my usual route. I stick to the uptown, plaza, midtown, and paseo areas usually.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Quite honestly, the only time I have spent in OKC is to go to the airport and to Bricktown. I will have to check out those other areas. Its a bit of a drive, so not much exploring, just going to a specific destination.
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Never been to Ada. I hear that is a one horse kind of town.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Shoebacha1 wrote: »
    Never been to Ada. I hear that is a one horse kind of town.

Tishomingo is a one horse town. Ada has a nice size college.
  • deehovey
    deehovey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okc here. I'm back on MFP after an extended absence and a complete setback.