Abs are made in the kitchen

Replies

• Jaelyn90
    Jaelyn90 Posts: 26 Member
    Jaelyn90 wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    Wetcoaster wrote: »
    The problem is you might fool people into thinking Himalayan salt is something special.

I personally do think it has benefits. But that's just my opinion

while it may have nutritional benefites depending on who you ask.. it will do nothing for creating/reducing fat to show abs. If that was the case everyone would be munching on it like poprocks. You look the way you look due to hard work and dedictation to you fitness and diet. Regardless of lighting and difference in photos you clearly worked hard and no one is saying otherwise. HOWEVER it can be dangerous to post pictures of your insanly amazing abs and saunit was due to salt and some veggies. People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.

I stated previously that I was on a strict diet for 5 months and that was simply the changes in my diet in the last two weeks between those pictures when preparing for a show, along with a minor carb decrease. By no means did I mean that Salk and green veggies give you abs lol

Do you have a theory on why the salt and veggies helped?

The salt helps with preventing fluid retention and asparagus is a natural diuretic. Combining the two I find makes my abs appear more. My workout routine remained the same. But again, it's not like I just added these two things in and that was it. I already had a strict diet

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    The problem is you might fool people into thinking Himalayan salt is something special.

while it may have nutritional benefites depending on who you ask.. it will do nothing for creating/reducing fat to show abs. If that was the case everyone would be munching on it like poprocks. You look the way you look due to hard work and dedictation to you fitness and diet. Regardless of lighting and difference in photos you clearly worked hard and no one is saying otherwise. HOWEVER it can be dangerous to post pictures of your insanly amazing abs and saunit was due to salt and some veggies. People who are desperate to get in shape/lose weight could get the wrong message and be eating a bottle of that salt a day.

I stated previously that I was on a strict diet for 5 months and that was simply the changes in my diet in the last two weeks between those pictures when preparing for a show, along with a minor carb decrease. By no means did I mean that Salk and green veggies give you abs lol

The salt helps with preventing fluid retention and asparagus is a natural diuretic. Combining the two I find makes my abs appear more. My workout routine remained the same. But again, it's not like I just added these two things in and that was it. I already had a strict diet
    How much pink salt did you use? How much asparagus did you eat a day?
  • Jaelyn90
    queenliz99 wrote: »

April 4-5 asparagus with each meal, eating 6 meals a day and a twist
  • Jaelyn90

Aprox 4-5 asparagus with each meal, eating 6 meals a day and a twist
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Twist of the grinder?
  • Jaelyn90

Twist of the grinder?

Yes
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Just to get the point across what people are talking when they're talking about the lighting being different.

579e9dd8dd165044d13767dc0e544f64.png

I made those literally 10 seconds apart from each other.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

:D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Might be just me, but even if it did work, abs would just never be worth eating the same boring stuff all the time.

But to each their own I guess.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Just to get the point across what people are talking when they're talking about the lighting being different.

579e9dd8dd165044d13767dc0e544f64.png

I made those literally 10 seconds apart from each other.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Yeah, I went there too.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Might be just me, but even if it did work, abs would just never be worth eating the same boring stuff all the time.

You've obviously never had abs, because it totally is. And who said it had to be boring?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited June 2016

You've obviously never had abs, because it totally is. And who said it had to be boring?

ive had/have abs and i didnt eat the same foods and nor would i ever have wanted too. In fact at my lowest bf% when i was a competitive swimmer i was eating fast food 2 meals a day. abs do not correlate a boring diet.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member

ive had/have abs and i didnt eat the same foods and nor would i ever have wanted too. In fact at my lowest bf% when i was a competitive swimmer i was eating fast food 2 meals a day. abs do not correlate a boring diet.

Agreed. My point wasn't that "abs are great eat boring food" but that if you have had them, you do what you can to keep them. Like I commented, who says it has to be boring. I love what I eat personally, it's very structured yes but that's because I know what my body needs and I like to get that intake within a busy schedule.
    A couple years ago I'd have been jealous of this, eating fast food and low bf%, now I just don't care for the fast food. I completely get where you are coming from though, as long as you are doing the right things and not going into a surplus, you can gain and maintain abs and low bf % regardless of what your diet consists of.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member

You don't have to eat the same things to have abs.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member

Well said.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    So in those three weeks you reduced glycogen and associated water stores by eating something with a natural diuretic and cutting starchy carbs? That's what made the difference, your level of hydration. Not the specific veg or salt. Just cutting starchy veggies or even taking a diuretic would yield the same results, it's essentially what comp prep is to make the muscles look more defined. Throw in some muscle friendly lighting and it looks even more impressive. I mean, even I, with my still generous layer of fat, has the shadow of a fatty cut in my tummy first thing in the morning and after a workout. I challenge anyone to still see it after a big meal!

As others have said, you look great but let's not pretend salt and asparagus did it!
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    It's unfortunate how narrow minded people can be. I'm a bikini competitor and I don't eat these things "occasionally." There was zero pump in the second picture. If anything I was flat and lacking water. Both were taken on an empty stomach. Little tweaks each week in my prep DO make a huge difference clearly because you can see it.

You look incredible and any tips you could share would be greatly appreciated! I want to do a bikini competition some day. Rock it! You've worked hard, you obviously know what you are doing, and it shows!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    OP, sorry nothing magical about salt and asparagus.

You look great because you worked hard for it.
  • Jaelyn90
    I'm not saying asparagus and salt are magical things! Clearly I have abs in both pics. That's just what I changed/used to make it go from one to the other. The reduction of carbs plus diuretic plus elimination of water = more defined/visible abs! Jeeez!