Would you allow phones during a dinner date?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    My husband often has to work when we go out. Such is the nature of his job. It's annoying but such is life so I figure while he's doing work stuff I can Facebook or MFP. :)
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    No because I'm gonna check his *kitten* in wherever we are on fb that way all his side pieces know what's up! Let them know baby daddy is with ME at the Olive Garden and then they know not to expect no huggies that week! Then it's on to Instagram where I post a pic of my cuisine and let hashtag and emojis do all the explaining. Last but not least checking in on MFP to log my meal and let my friends know I'm on a date with the same guy I was complaining about last week.
    So the phone is completely necessary <3

he can just set it so it goes to him first for approval when someone tags him in somewhere.
    plus if he's a guy he's not on the gram anyhow.

I met him on the gram!
    No because I'm gonna check his *kitten* in wherever we are on fb that way all his side pieces know what's up! Let them know baby daddy is with ME at the Olive Garden and then they know not to expect no huggies that week! Then it's on to Instagram where I post a pic of my cuisine and let hashtag and emojis do all the explaining. Last but not least checking in on MFP to log my meal and let my friends know I'm on a date with the same guy I was complaining about last week.
    So the phone is completely necessary <3

he can just set it so it goes to him first for approval when someone tags him in somewhere.
    plus if he's a guy he's not on the gram anyhow.

I met him on the gram!

ah that's sweet <3

I'm still spooning my pillow :cry:

You both know the only thing I hold on to at night is my dignity :'(

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    My husband often has to work when we go out. Such is the nature of his job. It's annoying but such is life so I figure while he's doing work stuff I can Facebook or MFP. :)

That stinks but at least you're both okay with it, I do hope there are times when you can both enjoy phone free though
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Phones are a must. You may see another hot girl while your out on a date and have to get a picture of her. And I typically don't carry a pen and paper so if I want to ask for her number, I can put it in my phone
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

This is basically how it goes down in my world, too. My hubby is always taking calls/texts in the middle of dates, watching movies, dinner, whatever, for work. It's annoying, but I've just learned to deal with it and crush some candy.

Serious dates (anniversaries, etc.) he knows better.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

This is basically how it goes down in my world, too. My hubby is always taking calls/texts in the middle of dates, watching movies, dinner, whatever, for work. It's annoying, but I've just learned to deal with it and crush some candy.

Serious dates (anniversaries, etc.) he knows better.

Yup this. If I've asked him to come home "early" so we can go for din it means he wi be late and will still be working. So whatever. Heck tomorrow is my birthday and he cancelled one event but can't skip another so he will just be normal time coming home anyway
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    Options
    Allow isn't really the right word though lol more like would we tolerate it or would it bother us.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I agree rude. My fiance never use to do it but now he does but he doesn't take it like we are on a date anymore. It is very frustrating.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No way. Phones should never be out at the dinner table whether you are on a date or not. It's rude. I don't even think it's ok to leave your phone sitting out if you aren't on it. It tells the other person that 100% of your attention is not on them.

I have kids and I get that sometimes you are monitoring for a call from the baby sitter or something, but put it in your pocket on vibrate or something. It just shouldn't be out at all, especially on a date.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    It depends. In general, no. But good to have near for certain situations, like yesterday my boyfriend's mom went to the hospital and he had to keep everyone updated.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    They don't seem to mind when I pull it out during dinner to check my fertility app.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    They don't seem to mind when I pull it out during dinner to check my fertility app.

I had my ovaries removed... there's no app for that- but it's sure helps me get dem POF dates

If you want to get out of paying them back for dinner you can't just be like nope sorry I'm so fertile today! Really you can be texting me
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options

I had my ovaries removed... there's no app for that- but it's sure helps me get dem POF dates

True story, I met my bf a year ago on POF. :lol:
    I also met a stalker and several catfish/married dudes.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    It's a here today, gone tomorrow world...If there's a nice prospect blowing up my phone, I'll keep my options open even if it was a date with a supermodel with an awesome personality.

:trollface:

• JessicaJS23
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »

True story, I met my bf a year ago on POF. :lol:
    I also met a stalker and several catfish/married dudes.

my girlfriend's husband had an account on Ashley Madison before the hack.

YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND??!

i prefer the term slampiece

I can't wait to use this term in RL. B)
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Nope, been many moons since I have dated ( married for 13yrs) but when we sit down to eat no phones at all until we are done with our meal. With so many distractions that we have in life today, that is our one time that we sit down as a family putting everyone else second.
  • dvislusthog
    dvislusthog Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In a day and age where everyone (including myself) is always glued to their phone, it feels good to take a break and really enjoy someone else's company. If I'm with someone who can't seem to drop the phone, I'm dropping them shortly thereafter. Lol