What's your favorite kind of donut?

Options

Replies

• gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    entemanns chocolate glazed devils food is the best packaged donut for sure. theyre absolutely perfect for dunking in milk.

also lemon filled powdered sugar jelly donuts if im getting them fresh lmao. or strawberry iced!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    The kind that's edible.

I'm always down for a classic glazed donut, but I also love chocolate iced donuts. The best one I've ever had was a cacao nibs donut from Dough in New York City. It also helped that it was the size of my head. And allll mine. :smile:
  • lizzylovestocook
    lizzylovestocook Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada so Tim Hortons donuts is what we usually get ( not very often ) and I love Timmys Bostom Cream . This winter while in Florida I came across Dandee Donut Factory in Pompano Beach and also Deerfield Beach If you are ever in the area give yourself a fabulous treat . The best Donuts ever !!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The kind that's edible.

I'm always down for a classic glazed donut, but I also love chocolate iced donuts. The best one I've ever had was a cacao nibs donut from Dough in New York City. It also helped that it was the size of my head. And allll mine. :smile:

Dough is so good! I told myself I could have the dulce de leche from there when I started my bulk. Haven't had one since though :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    zylvbzc2ppgp.png

Oh man. Don't get me started on what people call 'eclairs'.

Eclair

ec14.jpg

Not an eclair.

a58d6ae6-3c0d-46b7-ab4c-d9998f5ac1e5.png

Eclair = pate a choux (choux pastry). Not donut dough.

Still annoyed about that time I went to a restaurant and ordered an eclair for dessert and they gave me a chocolate donut.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Apple fridders and the simple glazed ones.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Every kind! Lil
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    lol
  • fxckyeahhappyface
    fxckyeahhappyface Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The donut shop within walking distance of me (fml, right?) has the most amazing buttermilk bars. Mmmmmmmm. Oh yeah, and glazed.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    zylvbzc2ppgp.png

Oh man. Don't get me started on what people call 'eclairs'.

Eclair

ec14.jpg

Not an eclair.

a58d6ae6-3c0d-46b7-ab4c-d9998f5ac1e5.png

Eclair = pate a choux (choux pastry). Not donut dough.

Still annoyed about that time I went to a restaurant and ordered an eclair for dessert and they gave me a chocolate donut.

I'd have been pissed at that, too. It would have been sent straight back to the kitchen.

Old-timey cake doughnuts are my favorite, but I can't find them anymore. I did really like the potato doughnuts at Holy Donut. They might win out over the cake doughnuts if I could do a head-to-head comparison.

Barring those, a doughnut with an interesting and not-too-sweet glaze, like the one I get locally with habanero and passion fruit glaze.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme custard-filled (or Bavarian Creme, if you're in the South). My favorite from my youth and still one of my faves today.

But my new favorite is a red chile chocolate bacon donut from Rebel Donut in my hometown. Seriously, you guys. Seriously.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Glazed donut holes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    all of them!
    This. Plus beavertails...mmmm....
    And real eclairs.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    We had these donuts yesterday at work. One was a raised, glazed with maple frosting and a piece of bacon on the top. We cut it into 4 pieces and shared. It was amazing!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Toasted coconut
  • swalte2016
    swalte2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love Boston cream donuts and Nutella donuts
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My favorite was the Walnut Crunch from Tim Horton's. They discontinued it a few years ago. No one would ever take them when they came in the assorted box because it looked a bit like a poo, but they were delicious. Apple fritters are my new favorite.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    If I had to eat a donut, I think it would be a dutchie...Or what swalte mentions above a Nutella donut sounds like something I'd like! When I was younger, anything jam or cream filled was my fave :smile: