Diet ruined this week

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I posted this before, I got no replies, what do you do when you have a bad week of dieting, shal i do cardio or just start fresh Monday

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Log what you can remember that you've eaten and start again with your next meal. There is no reason to throw away your whole week. You can get back on track, we've all had tough days and even weeks.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A bad week like you ate things you didn't intend to eat and went over your calorie goal? I just get on track the next day.

If I remember your other thread, I think you're fasting right now due to Ramadan (Ramadan Mubarak :smile: ). If that's the case, I wouldn't do extra cardio this month. Be kind to yourself -- your body is dealing with a lot just with fasting. This probably isn't a month to push yourself physically during workouts.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    What is this "start fresh Monday". Start fresh as soon as you catch yourself. Don't work extra hard, just start doing the right thing ASAP.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Start fresh today.

This^

We all screw up from time to time. Just shake it off, and move on. We don't have to be perfect to lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Start fresh today...
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    No time like the present to get started again.
    Pick yourself up
    Dust yourself off
    Start all over again.
    A stumble does not end the journey.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I agree with start fresh today--next meal if you can. Personally, I don't try to make up for an off day or days because it makes it even more likely I will struggle. As long as you get back on track as soon as possible you should be okay.

This is my favorite blog about what to do when you have a bad week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls/view/eat-badly-yesterday-skip-a-workout-get-over-it-408173
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol. I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why wait till Monday? Binning it off for the weekend too will only be detrimental, if you have a couple high calorie days it will just negate the hard work you've already put in and intend to do next week.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I posted this before, I got no replies, what do you do when you have a bad week of dieting, shal i do cardio or just start fresh Monday

Define 'bad dieting'.
    What happened this week? Did you go way over TDEE all week, or did you stick to your calories but ate 'bad food'?

You say you were 200 over or 300 over on a few days. Over your TDEE or daily calories? If you were over by 500 from your TDEE or maintenance calories, this equals to 1/7th of a pound of gain. If you only ate 500 over your weight loss calories, you most likely will still lose, just a little less this week.

Oh, there are no bad foods, unless you have a medical condition that indicates otherwise, or you burned food, or it is past its expiration date.

In both cases, just move on. You don't even have to was it until week. You didn't ruin anything.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol. I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

Sounds like you just ate at maintenance. No biggie, just choose the better option for your next meal/snack.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    Why wait till Monday? Binning it off for the weekend too will only be detrimental, if you have a couple high calorie days it will just negate the hard work you've already put in and intend to do next week.

I was not good to binge,j was going to resume my normal calories and forget the bad days happened.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Define 'bad dieting'.
    What happened this week? Did you go way over TDEE all week, or did you stick to your calories but ate 'bad food'?

You say you were 200 over or 300 over on a few days. Over your TDEE or daily calories? If you were over by 500 from your TDEE or maintenance calories, this equals to 1/7th of a pound of gain. If you only ate 500 over your weight loss calories, you most likely will still lose, just a little less this week.

Oh, there are no bad foods, unless you have a medical condition that indicates otherwise, or you burned food, or it is past its expiration date.

In both cases, just move on. You don't even have to was it until week. You didn't ruin anything.

I went over my calories. I went over to my cousins house and had to guesstimate some foods because they have no scale,they also use alot of oil in the foods, I did avoid eating the deep fried food.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »

Sounds like you just ate at maintenance. No biggie, just choose the better option for your next meal/snack.

Thank you. My maintaince is 2600 or so
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No worries. Log it all as best you can because it is a good habit to do so and because you want.the data. (Weekly averages are awesome information to have.)

"Start over" right now. Nothing is ruined.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I calculated if I stay on track, I I'll be over by target calories by 900 or so. I heard to gain 1 lb fat, I need to go over by a excess of 3500 over to gain 1 lb fat.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol.

I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

LOL I think you are doing fasting wrong.

Okay but really that extra 700 calories isn't all that much. I wouldn't qualify it as ruining anything. If you truly were fasting (before the over eating) you probably broke even.

• kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was over by 200 on Sunday and over 300 on Tuesday and 200 today. I was thinking tomorrow back to it. I was thinking of doing a cardio day today.

Haha, are you serious? This is nothing, whether it is over your goal or over your deficit. It will make exactly no difference to your weight in the long term. Just go back to sticking to your goals.

• AsrarHussain
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan, it was alive crazy this week lol.

LOL I think you are doing fasting wrong.

Okay but really that extra 700 calories isn't all that much. I wouldn't qualify it as ruining anything. If you truly were fasting (before the over eating) you probably broke even.

I am fasting correct, in Ramadan we eat 2 meals, one is is Sehri the other is iftar.