Did I over do it today? Girly problems.

Options
After my exercise today, I had spotting, for the first time in my life.

I am 28, and started having a period when I was 9 and I've never had this happen. No, I am not pregnant, it would Baby Jesus if I was.

Has this every happened to you? Could I of over did it today?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Are you nearing your period or no?
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    For the record, my exercise was 12 minutes Yoga this morning, 20 minutes of C25K (was my second day doing this, first day was Tuesday) this afternoon, and 50 squats. Really doesn't seem like that much.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

about a week away
  • arditarose
    Options

about a week away

Probably more a question for a doctor. I do notice differences in my period, the way I bleed, how I feel, spotting or not spotting-when I change my diet and exercise. I guess just monitor over the next day or two and see how you feel?
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Is this a new routine? That can mess with your cycle. I would be willing to bet your period comes early.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    WA_mama2 wrote: »
    Is this a new routine? That can mess with your cycle. I would be willing to bet your period comes early.

Yes, i'm just starting out going into my 4th week, and that really going to suck if it made it come early lol.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I've gotten mine both early and late when changing diet or starting a new exercise routine.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    Thank ladies, given me some piece of mind. I'll just see what happens in the next couple days.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Thank ladies, given me some piece of mind. I'll just see what happens in the next couple days.

Yeah. It's easy to stress about these things which sometimes can make it worse. I learned from experience hehe.

I once convinced myself I was pregnant. I got myself so stressed out because my period was late. Then I went to yoga to try to relax and literally got my period immediately after.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options

Yeah. It's easy to stress about these things which sometimes can make it worse. I learned from experience hehe.

I once convinced myself I was pregnant. I got myself so stressed out because my period was late. Then I went to yoga to try to relax and literally got my period immediately after.

Oh no! I would of been so stressed too lol.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I had an issue several years ago. I worked out 6 days a week. Out of the blue I started bleeding when I worked out. I knew this was out of the ordinary so went to my doctor. It turned out to be polyps which required surgery to remove. I was tested for cancer because my mother has cancer of the uterus but thankfully no on that.

If your bleeding is unusual please please go see a doctor.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    I just had a check up, everything is fine.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    And @WA_mama2 was right, dammit lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    After my exercise today, I had spotting, for the first time in my life.

I am 28, and started having a period when I was 9 and I've never had this happen. No, I am not pregnant, it would Baby Jesus if I was.

Has this every happened to you? Could I of over did it today?

Yes ... every time I exerted myself from about the age of 30 onward, I'd have 2+ periods/month ... a short one when I was exercising lots, and a longer one at the usual time. And if I happened to be exercising lots right around my usual period time, it would be twice as long.

I'd go out and cycle a century (100 mile ride) mid-cycle ... and ... the bleeding would start and continue for several days.

I'd go out and cycle a double century (200 mile ride) the day before my period was due ... and ... the bleeding would start right in the middle and I'd have a 10-12 day period.

I'd just start a period, and it would be quite light ... I'd go out and cycle a 400 km randonnee, and the floodgates would open and well, I won't go into the results but let's just say, I appreciated the padding they put in cycling shorts!!

I visited several doctors and none could figure it out.

I'll be 50 in a few months, and it still happens. :(
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Goodness! you know before menopause I was the opposite... if I worked out a lot I would skip cycles or they would just stop. It resulted in a lot of pregnancy scares. :X
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Goodness! you know before menopause I was the opposite... if I worked out a lot I would skip cycles or they would just stop. It resulted in a lot of pregnancy scares. :X

I wish!!

And if having periods twice a month wasn't enough, for a year (2014), I had a pretty much constant period ... 3+ weeks out of every 4. I'd get a few days off and it would start again. Turned out I had a large polyp. Had surgery in January 2015, and what a relief. I was back to a more comfortable 10-12 days of periods each month.

But I'm seriously over it! Cannot wait until menopause.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    Oh wow, yeah I would be ready for menopause too.
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

about a week away

Probably more a question for a doctor. I do notice differences in my period, the way I bleed, how I feel, spotting or not spotting-when I change my diet and exercise. I guess just monitor over the next day or two and see how you feel?

ditto...good advice
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I spot a little during ovulation.