"Secret Eaters" TV show

Options
13»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    lol yes I love these shows. They help me be strong and not pig out when I am having weak moments.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I love that show and also Supersize vs. Superskinny.

It was good up until they got rid of the food tube.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I love that show and also Supersize vs. Superskinny.

Ugh, I hate that show. Every one that I've watched has been all about making the "super sized" people feel like absolute *kitten*. There's always that moment where the "super sized" contestant is thinking he or she would really love to have the body of the "super skinny" contestant, but the "super skinny" person is all disgusted by the "super sized" person. Plus, the youtube comments are so mean to the bigger people, so that doesn't help. Terrible show.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    The guy with the supersized cereal bowl was Murray from "Helena and Murray", season 3.
    scoii wrote: »
    Fortunately I know where I go wrong, a pack of biscuits as a snack is never good!

Yes, it does help if your weaknesses are for obviously fattening things - but at the same time, when I was binging on poppy seed crackers or Shreddies (wholegrain cereal) I still knew it was a problem!

Where the show has helped me is in things like realising that a "weekend off" can use up all the calorie deficit the the rest of the week, seeing the impact of a lot of small snacks, and just generally being aware of how badly skewed our perceptions can be when it comes to food. This has been a long process, from the first time a dietitian told me about the impact of eating one extra chocolate biscuit a day over time, and then the reality check of weighing portions for mfp, but this show was definitely part of that learning process.