Are you on 1200 calories Day?

Options
2»

Replies

• escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I dont get how so many people say they are starving on 1200 cals a day. I am 6 foot 1 weighing 285 pounds (yes i am trying to lose weight thats why we are all on here but thats besides the point) and point is i sometimes eat 1000 cals a day and nowhere near starving. If you eat the right foods you wouldnt be starving at all. Its really not that little bit espeically for people who weight 160 pounds or less. I just dont get it
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I feel like I eat all day long and I'm over 250lbs. Most days I do eat all day on 1200cals. Even when I exercise I don't eat them back because I am not hungry.
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I know right. Thanks for sticking with me @lisakay91 lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    when trying to lose, i do about 900-950 calories a day and nothing except water after 6pm...and the loss is pretty quick...definitely can't be done for very long periods

This is just wrong on so many levels! ;)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Some people do intermittent fasting and eat 500-600 calories for 1-2 days each week, and higher amounts of calories the other 5 days. What opinions on intermittent fasting?
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    1200 calories can be done ..I am a Man and weighed 308#..started on my lifestyle change at 1200 calories a day.

I would not recommend it long term, but if you need to see results quickly, it can be done. It's also easier for a woman to do 1200 calories. I suggest a bit of research. Your age, height, weight and find out what your BMR is, your TDEE, how many calories you need to maintain, etc . etc. and then you'll be able to put together a calorie plan. (Maybe you've already done that?)

Don't listen to that nonsense about no snacks either..that it's a fat person's habit. My Dr. and my Health Coach have both listened to my meals and told me it's ok to snack..just be sensible about it. Snacks don't mean Chips & Dip. Have an apple, some cereal, fruit, almonds, etc..there are some good healthy snacks out there.

I have 2 Hard Boiled eggs for breakfast and a banana. some days I have 3/4 of a cup of Weightwatchers Oat Clusters with Almonds cereal between breakfast and lunch (120 calories) I also eat smoked almonds (170 calories) as a snack, and Special K cracker chips (120 calories) Otherwise carrots, green peppers, fruits, berries etc. are all good snacks. (Depending on what YOU like that is..everyone tends to offer advice from their own POV.)

I wish you success on your journey!e3xvk5o39699.jpg

• ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ... Notice that skinny people don't generally go around town with a bag of food in their pocket, or watch movies with a bowl of food on their lap.) Food is for mealtimes.

I seriously beg to differ on this one, based on personal observation. I know plenty of "skinny" people that enjoy getting their snack on quite often, and yes have snacks in their backpacks, in the car, even on their (egads) laps. Food is for whenever you want it. Just pay attention to how much you're eating.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    A nurse I used to work with once showed me her stash of candy bars and snacks. She was 65" and weighed 104, size 1-2, and ate constantly. Her mom had gained weight and was up to a size 4 in her middle age. Genetics does have something to do with weight and metabolism.