Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cant eat enough calories in a day!!!!

Hi Guys

I need some help here.....i just cant seem to find enough calories to eat in a day, im trying to eat back exercise calories and almost every day i burn almost 900 calories from Zumba and 30DS and i have no idea what to eat back as its too much food for me.

I also didnt want to start eating junk just to make up calories.

Anyone else experienced this and have any solutions?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    No need to eat junk. Eat nuts and nut butters full fat dairy
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    this ^ I eat 3500-4000 calories a day, it's not that hard
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Or exercise less. 900 a day is pretty full on.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    No need to eat junk. Eat nuts and nut butters full fat dairy

egg yolks, salmon, avocado, protein shake, steak
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 862 Member
    Yebb nuts are really good, also depending on what you eat normally you can add things throughout the day.. 50g more of musli/oats for breakfast, an extra banana with a meal, extra cheese, etc.. really do add up.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Thanks guys!

Going to try full fat dairy and adding in nuts!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    All the ideas on here are good. Nuts, avocadoes, full fat dairy.. when I have done a major work out like you, I enjoy drinking a nice, cold full fat milk chocolate milkshake! Especially in hot weather. Adding ice cubes is even more amazing!
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Eat nuts. They are dense in calories and have loads of healthy fats.
    You can eat also peanut butter
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    All the ideas on here are good. Nuts, avocadoes, full fat dairy.. when I have done a major work out like you, I enjoy drinking a nice, cold full fat milk chocolate milkshake! Especially in hot weather. Adding ice cubes is even more amazing!

This almost sounds like an incentive to exercise :happy: Yum, will def try this!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    It really is! I usually have one after zumba or a strength workout because I don't like protein shakes!
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    I don't like protein shakes!

Blasphemy.
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Seeds are also an excellent way of adding in calories in a healthy and satisfying way. Add hulled hemp seeds to your breakfast cereals or smoothies. Add mixed seeds (like pumpkin, sunflower, linseed) to lunchtime salads or sandwiches. Also adding ground almonds when you are making a smoothie will really add in calories and some great protein.

Another way to do this is to even out your intake over a week, rather than on a daily basis, by having over and under days. I eat around an average of 2000 calories per day whether I exercise or not. Some days I'll be over my goal and other days under my goal - but as long as over the week I even out, it all balances. Personally I think it's good to have 'over' days and not always be in deficit, as it reassures my body there is no shortage of food. This is different from having a binge day or 'cheat' day. It's just balancing out over a week, rather than a day. It means you can have a rest day without having to compromise and eat less than you usually do. :)
  • yes, lots of nut butters, eggs, whole dairy, things like that!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    I wish I struggled to eat my calories in a day!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Hi Guys

I need some help here.....i just cant seem to find enough calories to eat in a day, im trying to eat back exercise calories and almost every day i burn almost 900 calories from Zumba and 30DS and i have no idea what to eat back as its too much food for me.

I also didnt want to start eating junk just to make up calories.

Anyone else experienced this and have any solutions?

Thanks!!!

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I was using MFP estimates and found them to be wildly off in both directions much of the time.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    I have problems when I relapse and restrict, and I need something that is high in calories but small. I tend to go straight for nuts and dried fruit, as most people will likely be recommending. If you're a chocolate fan have some dark chocolate. Avocado on wholegrain toast, smoothies made with fruits, greens and flax seeds, that kind thing.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member

Yep This..... I am maintaining at 4000 calories a day and have no issues hitting that mark and can you classify Junk for me cause if we are talking strictly weightloss then there really is no so called junk. If you hit your macro's everyday and still have calories left then what is wrong with a bowl of ice cream, some chips, a few cookies?? Hasn't stopped me from loosing a few pounds.... Best of Luck....
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Some days while bulking I feel hungry on 3500+ calories a day, people who feel full on tiny amounts are kidding themselves except extreme circumstances.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Shakes are a great way to get in calories

Mixture of fruits
    Mixture of nuts
    Yoghurt
    Coconut oil
    almond milk
    Protein powder

combine the above into one simple shake 1000+ calories depending on quantities . Tastes good and is packed with nutrition.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Everyone has made really good suggestions. I would just double check about the exercise really adding up to 900 calories. That is a lot. MFP seems to really overestimate. You want to eat back your exercise calories but you also don't want to eat back too many.