Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cant eat enough calories in a day!!!!

Replies

• harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Try to give your body a day of rest or two even better. I'm doing the same two workouts 30DS 6x a week and twice a week Zumba. 900 or 1000 calories burn makes me so exhausted I can not eat either.. Don't push yourself too hard, food is MORE important than exercise. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Hi Guys

I need some help here.....i just cant seem to find enough calories to eat in a day, im trying to eat back exercise calories and almost every day i burn almost 900 calories from Zumba and 30DS and i have no idea what to eat back as its too much food for me.

I also didnt want to start eating junk just to make up calories.

Anyone else experienced this and have any solutions?

Thanks!!!

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I was using MFP estimates and found them to be wildly off in both directions much of the time.

Hi :) yes i use a HRM
  • Need2lose456
    Shakes are a great way to get in calories

Mixture of fruits
    Mixture of nuts
    Yoghurt
    Coconut oil
    almond milk
    Protein powder

combine the above into one simple shake 1000+ calories depending on quantities . Tastes good and is packed with nutrition.

Noted....sounds good, will give this a shot!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    I don't like protein shakes!

Blasphemy.

They taste funny. :sad:
  • Need2lose456
    Everyone has made really good suggestions. I would just double check about the exercise really adding up to 900 calories. That is a lot. MFP seems to really overestimate. You want to eat back your exercise calories but you also don't want to eat back too many.

Also dont trust MFP reading, i take mine off my HRM
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    I wish I struggled to eat my calories in a day!

Right?
  • Need2lose456

Blasphemy.

I also cant stand that artificial taste!
  • Damn that's a lot of calories. What's your timing between meals?
    #Impressive
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    I am having the same trouble, I am on 1200 calorie Diet and only get about 1100 calories.

However; I am 66 years old and have health problems with my back and knees, and cannot exercise very much.
    I have degenerative arthritis in my back and knees.

I do try to eat Avocado and peanut butter.
    When people state they don't have that problem, it is because they do a lot of body building and exercise.

As we get older, our appetite is not what it was in our 30s.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Never have any problems eating enough calories - the things that put the weight on in the first place (not junk, things like cheese, sausages - GOOD sausages - nuts, etc.) If you have lots of leafy green veg, then cut those down and add in healthy carbs - boiled new potatoes with their skins on, wholemeal pasta, good quality bread with grains etc. And use Olive oil, real butter, full fat dressings etc if you're really struggling.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member

Blasphemy.

I also cant stand that artificial taste!

My post-workout shake:
    1 scoop Isoflex peanut butter chocolate protein (99% lactose free due to whey isolate)
    1 banana
    1 cup dark chocolate almond milk.

I promise there is no artificial taste! Like a pb, nutella, sandwhich topped with banana! Runs me about 340 cals, 30g protein, 51g carbs.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Then don't eat back the calories, I've allotted myself 1200 calories a day for the past my months, At least 30% of those days, I've 300+ calories left over. I'm not advocating anorexia here, but Zumba have a hefty workout calorie count and if you eat healthy plant based diet, it's quite fulfilling without much calories. So don't sweat it.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Another way to do this is to even out your intake over a week, rather than on a daily basis, by having over and under days. I eat around an average of 2000 calories per day whether I exercise or not. Some days I'll be over my goal and other days under my goal - but as long as over the week I even out, it all balances. Personally I think it's good to have 'over' days and not always be in deficit, as it reassures my body there is no shortage of food. This is different from having a binge day or 'cheat' day. It's just balancing out over a week, rather than a day. It means you can have a rest day without having to compromise and eat less than you usually do. :)

I do this and it works a treat :happy:

I also hate protein shakes - why have something artificial when you can have some real protein like a nice milkshake and an egg sandwich?
  • Need2lose456
    Damn that's a lot of calories. What's your timing between meals?
    #Impressive

i try for the following...
    8:30 - breakfast
    10:00 -snack
    12:00- lunch
    14:00-snack
    between 16:00 - 18:00 - snack
    19:30 - 20:00 - dinner

As for the calories, about 300 from 20 minutes of 30DS, and between 500-600 doing 50 minutes of Zumba(Medium Intensity) on X-box Kinect
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I strongly suggest you knock 30 to 40% off those HRM calorie burns before eating them back. Chances are it's significantly overestimating for you.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member

Blasphemy.

I agree!
  • cutieryan
    cutieryan Posts: 20 Member
    Have a spoonful of peanut butter. If you don't like protien shakes try a carnation instant breakfast, more protien than regular milk but without the protien powder taste. Great job with your work outs!
  • jstika
    jstika Posts: 18 Member
    Have a couple of beers, that's what I do, yo! Although, I have NO issues getting enough calories. That is certainly a strange phenomenon to me, even on days where I do a long bike ride instead of my normal commute. Although, I don't worry so much about eating back my calories.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Often I have the same problem. I work out 6 days a week, running, strength training, horseback riding, and I also work a second job at a farm doing manual labor several days a week so on average I burn 800-1100 calories. I often forget to snack at the farm because the horses don't wait for me to take a snack break. I use a HRM because MFP was really overestimating my calories burned.

I'm not a big peanut butter fan but I add almond butter, nuts, etc. like what has already been mentioned, and lots of protein for my muscles. Also, are you on a good multi-vitamin?

When I'm desperate I'll eat Chipotle ... yummy

Even with all that I'm lucky to net 1200 calories but I'm getting better. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Peanut butter sammich and a tall glass of milk!!!

What is hard about that?