Nailz

Options

Replies

• lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    These are mine:

(excuse the old photo I am Very Bad at updating my insta)

Currently got a couple of short ones after suffering some flaking issues. Need to get back on my nail care routine again stat.

ETA: I had a nail art blog but because I am, again, the worst at updating anything ever it's been dead for about 2 years: http://lexnailsit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Oh those are to die for!
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Kate, there is a quick dry top coat called Seche Vite. You can find it in salons, drugstores, or online. It will make your manicure dry much faster and last longer.

I'm gona buy that, my sister used to use Sally Hansen spray to dry her nails that was quite a while ago lol but I'm needing to invest in something like the seche vite
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    They last about 2-3 weeks before I get them filled. If you mean with regards to the designs/jewels, it just depends on how rough you are on your nails and/or the quality work of the technician. I never have a problem with anything coming loose or falling off on mine and I'm pretty hard on them. I get them done at a salon.
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Personally I love doing my own nails Ive got a really steady hand so I'm lucky in the way I do my own designs on them I like a slightly squared shaped nails and love pastel colour or really in your face bright colours.. I get a bit obsessive with them though if I make the tiniest of mistakes I start all over again and il do it till its perfect
  • kate141987
    Options
    I was going to post a pic of my nails but nooooo not after seeing you guys nails lol they're not too bad but need work, and jojoba oil
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Go for it.. I'm sure they will be nice I wanna see it.. I love different style and colours of nails it's good to share ideas... :smile:
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    80s and 90s:
    Royal blue long nails

2000s:
    Polished with bleach white trim (not sure what this style is actually called)

French tips haha

I need nail advice everybody says I have nice nails but Idk how to grow them the same length , they grow weird
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Also you can use liquid latex to mask off your cuticles if you have issues with the polish running onto them. I have flat, deeply embedded nails like a dude and it is so hard to keep the polish from running into them.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I like square, gel polish. No fake nails, no designs. I do love the way they look manicured though. I'm a guitar player/musician so I tend to splurge on the gel manicure otherwise it only lasts a day or two.
  • kate141987
    Options
    df9itqtss3g9.jpeg
    Excuse the crooked middle finger, broke it a while ago
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    MrsBooBear wrote: »
    My nails only grow long about two to three times a year. I go for natural. Only paint them when I'm happy with the length.All other times, they are kept short and tidy. I don't like having really short painted nails.

Me too :)

But, sorry everyone, I have French tip toes and I think they are totes adorbs!
  • kate141987
    Options
    Approved.

My wife gets this kind of colour family very often. Many variants of pink.

The one thing that I have never seen are royal blue and the so called french tip. I think she has a doctorate on what is tacky and what isn't. I hear about it every day.

Aaaah so many varieties of pink, so many to chose from ! Where does a girl start ? Lol I try to manicure my bf nails, just shape them and tidy them up he lets me...sometimes
  • kate141987
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Clean, trimmed, unpainted and naturally shaped. Beautiful.

uncoh0b1axii.jpg

These are my dream nails, manicured tidy neat and functional but anytime I do a little French mani I always end up chipping the tips and it drives me crazy
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I see people talking about their nailS. What are nailZ? =/
  • kate141987
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    I see people talking about their nailS. What are nailZ? =/

I thought it's a snaZzy way of saying nails...
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I love mine not too long, but stiletto shaped these days.

stiletto-nails-nail-care-designs-bsfm-61767.jpg

This is what I've been thinking about since the thread came to my attention and also how to do you go through life with those, I'm assumpting you don't have a smart phone