Replies

• lisarey1977
    lisarey1977 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pink and rounded :)he20enpimm30.jpeg
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use Gel Polish on my fingers and toes. I have been doing it myself for about 3 years now. My nails underneath are rock hard and super strong and just grow and grow. They used to be so soft and brittle!

I am not super artistic, and I would love to do more, but I know what I like and my nails make me smile.kg5w741nl5ma.jpg
    c886t2g9deez.jpg
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I LOVE nails!

For myself I like natural nails round or square and short. (Bright colors like pink, orange, blue, red and French manicure)

I change my polish every week sometimes more.
    I cut my cuticles, file and buff them every week.

But I love long fake nails too if they're not square.
    I love well done nail art too!

The only thing I don't like are chipped polish and nails that are different lengths.
    If one of my nails breaks, I cut them all down.
    If the polish chips, I change the color or fix it.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @CaliforniaAJ Lovely!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I get my nails done every 3-4 weeks. Acrylic with gel overlay. I love designs and bling.
    h7iztfo5r7gf.jpeg
    uxlnmsqramfe.jpeg
    ydsj3pohbx4i.jpeg
    59z40n0zdzbt.jpeg
    gzzdhwstpvas.jpeg
  • Shells918
    Options
    I have thousands of nail pictures on Pinterest under the same name if you want to look @darlswife
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Coffin or squoval. Squoval is a cross between a square and oval. And I like neural colors/pinks, red, and French manicures
  • Shells918
    Options
    @newmeadow and @ PlayDohPants it's actually a pink sapphire and thank you!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is my 'go to' gel mani. French tips with a touch of glitter.

y2n1mt4f49wc.jpg
    r1voxi8g8lak.jpg

Today I did Heart glitter for a change.

efiiif2fy82f.jpg

• kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This is my 'go to' gel mani. French tips with a touch of glitter.

y2n1mt4f49wc.jpg
    r1voxi8g8lak.jpg

Today I did Heart glitter for a change.

efiiif2fy82f.jpg

Pretty nails
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I personally find long nails especially fake nails to be unhygenic. I keep mine short with no polish. But then again I'm a chef so there's that.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Iv walked into a couple of salons and couldn't stand the smell I'm pretty sure that's why the nail technician wears a mask, so they aren't breathing in the toxins
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    NAILS NAILS NAILS.
    I used to do my own all the time and loved it but the last while, it's turned into a bit of a chore. SO - I decided to spoil myself with a salon visit these last two times.

When I did them myself, Rounded square and any and all types of nail polish/nail art.
    The techs have gently coherced me into going for the almond style. I don't mind them short but too long freaks me out a little.

Here's a few of my faves!

a11wch3u1ebr.jpg
    gnwglo2l5i1s.jpg
    9e6ku0pio6p6.jpg
    w6jbq5pd6x0d.jpg
    hk9br7r0ya5u.jpg
    3rjxiq6w9bod.jpg
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I love mine not too long, but stiletto shaped these days.

stiletto-nails-nail-care-designs-bsfm-61767.jpg

these are amazing <3

my nails are natural and not long. :'( and would love crazy long expertly done nailz

but can't play guitar with long nails and no point in painting them when i'm in turpentine or acetone or some other solvent every day

Thank you! <3
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    I love mine not too long, but stiletto shaped these days.

stiletto-nails-nail-care-designs-bsfm-61767.jpg

This is what I've been thinking about since the thread came to my attention and also how to do you go through life with those, I'm assumpting you don't have a smart phone

Well, they're not that long; they just look way more dramatic and hindering with the shape, but honestly, like everything else, you get used to them (i.e. at 14 I got my first set of nails for a dance; they were short but I still pissed my pants when I had to run to the bathroom because they felt so foreign). My natural nails are very thin (think razor sharp) and are a lot more dangerous than these bad boys. As far as a smartphone, you're right, I'm totally rocking the Night at the Roxbury's paper weight.

27_9_screenshot.png
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Did someone say acrylic?

Of course, it is perfectly okay for those poor Asian ladies to inhale those cancerous chemicals and get a ticket to heaven sooner than expected. Worth dying for so that somebody else has beautiful nails.

You're right. Let's not frequent their shops that they voluntarily established so that they can remain unemployed and homeless.
  • Shells918
    Options
    Did someone say acrylic?

Of course, it is perfectly okay for those poor Asian ladies to inhale those cancerous chemicals and get a ticket to heaven sooner than expected. Worth dying for so that somebody else has beautiful nails.

We all choose our careers. My manicurist enjoys her job. We chat every time I'm there. There are special exhaust fans built into the stations to eliminate the odors/fumes. She wears a mask and gloves. She's not an indentured servant or slave. She's an American citizen.

You should be much more concerned about dry cleaners. That *kitten* is toxic as hell and they typically don't air condition because the machines put out so much heat.

There's always someone....

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Did my nails they look like *kitten*

I'm such an amateur