Replies

• magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ick, cottage cheese...
  • tbelt1865
    tbelt1865 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat low carb yogurt. Not a fan of it but it's good for you and has protein. I buy the vanilla and mix it with fresh strawberries. Helps with the taste.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I eat spring mix and raw spinach and I'm not really a fan but that's one of the only ways I get beta-carotene.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I force myself to walk away from the soda and go for the water, does that count?
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't really force myself to eat broccoli, but it does take some bargaining and negotiation. I'll never eat it joyously as I sing of its delicious nature. I have actually learned to like peas as an adult, and carrots to a lesser extent.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I consider eating something I don't like a waste of calories. I would not buy ugly shoes just because they're cheap, and then force myself to wear them just because I bought them. Why would I do that with food?

I'm lucky I like almost every vegetable I tried though, so I'm never short on tasty nutrient rich options. In fact the vast majority of my absolute favorite meals ever since I was a child are good on nutrition. When I tried sweet potatoes and didn't like them off they went into the trash and out of the house. Good riddance. There is no shortage of other options.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's things I consume purely for nutrition but I don't regard that as forcing myself to eat them.

Supplements such as vitamins, fish oil, whey protein, carbs gels when cycling, beetroot juice before a big cycle event....

Hmmm - maybe forcing down would describe drinking beetroot juice but I've found an alternative (shots) that are palatable as opposed to tasting like pond mud! :(
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started making veggie smoothies as I don't eat enough veggies. I made one with spinach (that I like), fennel which I HATE, courgette (like) and yogurt (like). So I'm trying to sneak veggies I don't like into my smoothies along with 2 or 3 that I do to mask the flavour. Beetroot is another one I don't like. Or cabbage. Urgh.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I love beetroot, am having it for breakfast these days! Nothing wrong with sweet, crunchy, juicy! The red ones are little messy though, looks like a murder scene if I'm not careful, so I grab white, yellow and striped whenever I can. Fennel is just too much, I forgot, but I've tried it TWICE, I don't feel obliged to any more testing.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I consider eating something I don't like a waste of calories. I would not buy ugly shoes just because they're cheap, and then force myself to wear them just because I bought them. Why would I do that with food?

Agree and great analogy.

I also like pretty much all vegetables, though -- can't think of anything I dislike that there's not a good alternative for. I guess if someone were really picky there would be a need to work on that. I'm not picky so don't really get that.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Celery. I don't like how stringy, fibrous they are. But I throw a stalk in my smoothie. I like the saltiness it provides.

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whole grain bread. I love bread but can't stand whole grain, tastes bitter and strong, overpowers the sandwich. Can't seem to like it no matter how much I try.
    Sometimes I make myself eat it, because fiber and whatnot. Usually I just give up and buy a fresh sourdough loaf instead. So much tastier.