best pre workout

Options
13»

Replies

• sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Am I the only guy around here who just hits ammonia caps or Nose Tork when I need a little more fire under my *kitten* for a lift?
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    sappermuff wrote: »
    Am I the only guy around here who just hits ammonia caps or Nose Tork when I need a little more fire under my *kitten* for a lift?

Like smelling cat piss. Really gets the juices going.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Coffee.
    Anything else is just marketing.

Says the countless studies showing how certain amino acids taken at specific dosages can improve physical performance. Does your statement include creatine? Obviously they aren't anything magical. But several supplements can without a doubt give you that extra couple percent that you need to break a PR or recover just that much faster

Creatine can help some some serious lifters get that extra rep but for most people at least on this site, it wouldn't be noticeable at the stage they are currently at in lifting. Personally I think more people like the visual side effect of creatine more than it actually does for them in the gym. With the general experience level here a form correction is needed way before supplements.

If someone wants to use pre, I can care less...its not going to help more than a cup of coffee IMHO. If it helps them even if its a placebo effect, cool. Put the work in, eat, sleep and you will be rewarded if you take pre, creatin, coffee, banana or nothing.

Much the same to protein powders, very little people really need it. Though its one of the first thing they want to buy to "build" muscle when they start.

I'll disagree with you. I have had good results with creatine. I know others who have as well. As for protein shakes. I for one can not consume enough food to get my 200 grams of protein per day. I use it as a post workout protein source. An optimal time to consume protein. Again, I see a lot of generalizations. Some supplements are nothing but marketing, I agree. Some are very useful. It's a matter of knowing its use, and not relying on it like it's magic.

Since you disagree, I guess that means you're not a serious lifter and still get results. Congrats on that.

Same with protein powder I said "very little people need it", if you're one that does why argue? I hope you eventually find a way to eat real food if that is your goal.