1001 Days

Options
124»

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Gorilla - thanks for stopping by my thread to inspire all of us trying to lose 100 lbs or more. You are an awesome inspiration and a great friend. You have always been there as a nuturing spirit and helping hand to those singular men who show up amongst all these fine women who are all on this lonely journey.

I know it has been a difficult one for me and you have inspired me lately to start doing weight work and squats, and what a difference the squats have made in this sedentary persons life. I have had a total knee replacement and wasn't moving very well.. its been only 5 weeks of doing 50 to 80 squats 2 to 3 times a week and now I find that I can run up a flight of stairs where I could not even think of doing that before! ( I am not holding weights when I do my squats).

Thanks!
  • humanismu
    humanismu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey gorilla--great job. Glad to hear the Spartan Sprint went well--I had been wondering how that went for you. :happy:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hey gorilla--great job. Glad to hear the Spartan Sprint went well--I had been wondering how that went for you. :happy:

Here is the blog I wrote about it...
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring story. Thank you for sharing!
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: I read your story with great enjoyment!
    1001 days-Wow! What a transformation!
    You inspire me-It's 51 days for me!
    Thank You!
  • newjenn40
    newjenn40 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! You're a great inspiration!!!!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    " and actually probably will never be an AFTER"

So true!

And thank heavens for the guy who thought the site was dumb!

Congrats on keepin' on keepin' on. :)
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    YOU are amazing!!!! I am so incredibly proud of you, you never give up and one of the hardest working people I know. You are kicking serious *kitten* I am in awe. You look incredible it is just amazing to see your before and current pictures...I have no doubt you will kick *kitten* for the rest of your journey. You are one of my biggest inspirations....damn you ROCK!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!