Beer is evil and I love it.

Options
mulch1999
mulch1999 Posts: 30 Member
Travel and vacations hurt. I can keep running and working out but eating out and a delicious IPA are the death of me. Obviously there are good choices on a restaurant menu most of the time and it's a matter if will. Vacationing in a new area allows me to sample local craft beers and I must indulge. It does cause slippage. Having reached my goal loss of 25 lbs a while ago, 8 lbs are back. And it's not just the number. I feel it and see it. Life must be lived in the moment. I just wish it took that long to tighten up again! Back on the wagon! I will not be denied! Argh.

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Enjoy it worry about it later just don't do it every day or work it in. I love my IPAs too and heavy hitters they are i just work it in.

Beer is not evil. Lost over 100 while still drinking my beer just not as much or often.
  • lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Beer is my weakness!!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Log it and fit it in. Hit the hotel gym, go light on breakfast and lunch, etc.. It can be done!
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I add a beer into my diary first thing in the morning if i know i be going out to dinner. and i would rather have that beer than any desert any day. and it can hep stay on track with other things because it can be removed if i haven't had it yet, so it is at risk if i overindulge elsewhere
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I live in San Diego... so the craft beer capital of the us. i love beer i love beer I LOVE BEER haha. Im a bit of a beer snob though but thats because im spoiled. i will always make beer fit.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    I live in San Diego... so the craft beer capital of the us. .

I would disagree.. I think Portland is.
    BTW best IPA I have ever had is Red Betty IPA by Central City Brewery in Surrey BC..
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I live in San Diego... so the craft beer capital of the us. .

I would disagree.. I think Portland is.
    BTW best IPA I have ever had is Red Betty IPA by Central City Brewery in Surrey BC..

Its CALLED the craft beer capital because we have over 100 breweries doesn't mean it actually is. Plus San Diego wins waaaaaay more awards then portland. I lived in Portland for a few years and the beer is better here. Although Deschutes Black Butte Porter will always be a favorite.
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was living in Burlington, VT when I turned 21, and now I live in Austin, TX. I understand your 'there is craft beer everywhere and I want all of it' struggle.

Sometimes I'll add one or two into my day, or I won't eat back workout calories for a day or two before going out for the night.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Just want to lay this here!!

f1ai8e8g6esl.jpeg
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Its CALLED the craft beer capital because we have over 100 breweries doesn't mean it actually is. Plus San Diego wins waaaaaay more awards then portland. I lived in Portland for a few years and the beer is better here. Although Deschutes Black Butte Porter will always be a favorite.

Meh. Quality over quantity and Jersey beats all there.

Awards blah.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

Meh. Quality over quantity and Jersey beats all there.

Awards blah.

Them's fightin' words!! LOL
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love beer, but I worry about undermining my weight loss efforts with any alcohol. It's not just the empty calories, but the concern that it can prime the body to store more fat.
  • frammis4242
    frammis4242 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    people have been drinking beer for over 9,000 years and we survived fine
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Asheville is a GREAT beer town - but my favorite is touring around Vermont/NH/Maine. Nothing beats a fresh, New England style IPA like Heady or Sip of Sunshine.

Craft beer isn't evil as long as you make room for the calories. I've made it work and enjoy craft beer about 3-4 times a week. :-)
  • mulch1999
    mulch1999 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I guess a lot of places have awesome beers. I live in PA and most craft beers that I like are from Michigan or New England! Glad I'm not alone.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    mulch1999 wrote: »
    I guess a lot of places have awesome beers. I live in PA and most craft beers that I like are from Michigan or New England! Glad I'm not alone.

Dude, brew your own and get good at it!! Make millions!! Make PA the Brew Capital of USA!!