Beer is evil and I love it.

Options
2»

Replies

• drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beer was my #1 hobby about 2-3 years ago, it's not a coincidence that I gained a ton of weight in when I was focused on beer. I spent most of my disposable income on buying, trading & traveling for beer, homebrew equipment, beer events, etc. Much of my free time was spent on beer forums, planning events with beer buddies, homebrewing and writing a business plan for a taphouse of my own.

I still have a sizeable cellar where a lot of beers are unfortunately on the decline because I'm waited too long to drink them. It's almost impossible for me to budget for a bomber of imperial stout because 100% of the time I'd much rather eat more food instead of a beer after a workout.

I still love beer and average maybe 1 a month but from a weight loss perspective, it really should be the first thing you give up IMHO.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love a really good dark beer. I've found most of the time the tastier a beer is the less I'll want a second one. One of those treats that you can make room for B). If I have beer I almost never have a dessert.

I'm not a big drinker anyway but if I'm looking to party a little I drink a vodka or tequila drink that is low on calories.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    mulch1999 wrote: »
    I guess a lot of places have awesome beers. I live in PA and most craft beers that I like are from Michigan or New England! Glad I'm not alone.

Dude, brew your own and get good at it!! Make millions!! Make PA the Brew Capital of USA!!

I brew, although I've gotten super busy of late and gotten lazy as still. It's very easy to get into homebrew especially with the wide availability of kits.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    drewba13 wrote: »
    Beer was my #1 hobby about 2-3 years ago, it's not a coincidence that I gained a ton of weight in when I was focused on beer. I spent most of my disposable income on buying, trading & traveling for beer, homebrew equipment, beer events, etc. Much of my free time was spent on beer forums, planning events with beer buddies, homebrewing and writing a business plan for a taphouse of my own.

I still have a sizeable cellar where a lot of beers are unfortunately on the decline because I'm waited too long to drink them. It's almost impossible for me to budget for a bomber of imperial stout because 100% of the time I'd much rather eat more food instead of a beer after a workout.

I still love beer and average maybe 1 a month but from a weight loss perspective, it really should be the first thing you give up IMHO.

Throw a beer party, don't let it go to waste. Be right over!!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Just want to lay this here!!

f1ai8e8g6esl.jpeg

glad you got my back on this haha