NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im hoping for day two!!!!
  • justyce13
    justyce13 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you J724mecham! Fast food isn't bad, but you are right it ends up in a down ward spiral. It is a very bad habit of mine. Every morning stopping at the gas station for a mocha star bucks and McDonalds for a burrito. I have been doing it for a year now. And it is something I want to work on stopping:)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.
    Okay I'll take that bet. Average death age on both sides of my family from old age is 89. And they didn't exercise and they smoked too. :wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Sorry to the certified trainer and nutrition expert above saying that an egg mcmuffin isn't poison.
    Maybe a muffin, egg and some ham with cheese isn't poison - that isn't what is in a McD McMuffin.

http://melruns.com/2012/01/the-egg-mcmuffin-deconstruction/
    Far too many chemicals to be considered food. It might taste good - doesn't make it nutritious or good for you -> poison.
    Lol, then after 40 years of eating it, there should be at least some inkling of poisoning in my body. But no physical I've taken yet has shown that any part of my body is poisoned. It's too bad that many people only gauge food as the measurement of health.
    Realize I don't eat McDonald's EVERYDAY. Never stated I did. I have it about once a week and don't go overboard with calories.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

IDEA Fitness member

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

^ This! And since I've gotten food poisoning at McD's not once, but THREE times in my life...I can honestly say sometimes it IS poison.

And to the original poster, good for you. Also, If you watch the Movie Food Inc., you will probably never eat at. McD's again, or maybe any other fast food. :-p
  • Mslmesq
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Okay I'll take that bet. Average death age on both sides of my family from old age is 89. And they didn't exercise and they smoked too. :wink:

IDEA Fitness member

Ah, but did they eat at McDonalds? ;-)
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I still haven't forgiven them for the atrocity that is the "McDouble." Give me a real double cheeseburger with TWO slices of cheese - not one.

Um the double cheeseburger still on the menu. The McDouble is a new, separate item.

What's the difference between the two?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I still haven't forgiven them for the atrocity that is the "McDouble." Give me a real double cheeseburger with TWO slices of cheese - not one.

Um the double cheeseburger still on the menu. The McDouble is a new, separate item.

What's the difference between the two?

The McDouble only has one slice of cheese.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

LOL! I swore off McDonalds 2 years ago as a New Years Resolution...
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Lol, you think I was paying for it at 10 years old?:wink: We had McDonald's on Sunday morning quite often. My mom and dad are still alive at 87 and 80.................with great health.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Mslmesq
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

Lol, you think I was paying for it at 10 years old?:wink: We had McDonald's on Sunday morning quite often. My mom and dad are still alive at 87 and 80.................with great health.

IDEA Fitness member

I don't know. Just cause they bought it for a kid doesn't tell me everything. Parents longevity also don't always indicate what will happen with the child. For example, my dad died at age 69. Two years after his own father who died at age 96, and four years after his mother that died at age 89.

The only thing I can tell you for certain is (though I don't know you) you shot all credibility with me. And you are the only person I have 'met' that deems themselves to have some type of 'credentials' or at least 'I've studied nutrition' that touts McDonalds. I personally would never touch that **** again! But good luck to you!

Oh, and btw, if you ever do watch the movie Food Inc, tell it to the mother of the four year old that also got food poisoning from a McDonald's, but her child did not survive. Mmmm yum, cheap disgusting meat byproduct from factory farmed cows with E-Coli. Wow,good for my diet...just lost my appetite!
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im hoping for day two!!!!

Day one was the hardest! You can do it! I still remember the first week when I gave up coke (soda--and processed sugar in general)....I was like Pavlov's dog every time I saw the golden arches! I wanted that coke! And I only had one maybe once or twice a month....

And just so that you know.....fast food tastes disgusting and vile when you stop eating it for a while....get busy, and have a bite. *Blech* Find a new breakfast tradition that works you right past the temptation! I second making it yourself at home...make a bunch....freeze, and warm up!
  • jonnythan
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

I don't know. Just cause they bought it for a kid doesn't tell me everything. Parents longevity also don't always indicate what will happen with the child. For example, my dad died at age 69. Two years after his own father who died at age 96, and four years after his mother that died at age 89.

The only thing I can tell you for certain is (though I don't know you) you shot all credibility with me. And you are the only person I have 'met' that deems themselves to have some type of 'credentials' or at least 'I've studied nutrition' that touts McDonalds. I personally would never touch that **** again! But good luck to you!

Oh, and btw, if you ever do watch the movie Food Inc, tell it to the mother of the four year old that also got food poisoning from a McDonald's, but her child did not survive. Mmmm yum, cheap disgusting meat byproduct from factory farmed cows with E-Coli. Wow,good for my diet...just lost my appetite!

I'm sure he's heartbroken that he has no credibility with you. And if he's the only knowledgeable person you've seen who has no problem with McD's you must be pretty new to this game.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    OP, good job on making a smart choice! You will feel so much better making choices like these :smile:

jonnythan, how many of your 4000 posts are on this thread and how many McD's franchises do you own? Jeez

Work out enough and you can negate any diet deficiencies but come on? Really? You seem to be promoting this crap.
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just read this entire thread and now there is a 99% chance I will be hitting up the golden arches tomorrow morning. I can almost taste those hashbrowns.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    OP, good job on making a smart choice! You will feel so much better making choices like these :smile:

jonnythan, how many of your 4000 posts are on this thread and how many McD's franchises do you own? Jeez

Work out enough and you can negate any diet deficiencies but come on? Really? You seem to be promoting this crap.

How is working out supposed to negate dietary deficiencies? Does working out generate vitamins or something?

If you can come up with a good, scientifically valid reason it's better not to eat "this crap" then post it here.
  • Mslmesq
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

I'm sure he's heartbroken that he has no credibility with you. And if he's the only knowledgeable person you've seen who has no problem with McD's you must be pretty new to this game.

Ha, I guess so cause I didn't even realize I was playing a game. :-)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Ha, I guess so cause I didn't even realize I was playing a game. :-)

Well now you know.
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I gain weight from fast food and feel disgusting after I eat it.

I don't think it's poison, but rather the result of age :-)

I can't imagine starting 3-4 days a week with fast food, but I am also not in my 20's anymore....
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I gain weight from fast food

No.