NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit dipped in syrup. I'm getting this over the weekend!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I like their new wraps. And the cheeseburgers. And the Egg McMuffins....

The Ranch McWrap? With the cucumbers? Holy delicious.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I had one of their new Quarter Pounder burgers LAST month..... I haven't eaten it since, and I'm fine with that. I feel like that food turns on some kind of switch to my inner food demon where I just want to eat all things fat n salty for days..
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I had one of their new Quarter Pounder burgers LAST month..... I haven't eaten it since, and I'm fine with that. I feel like that food turns on some kind of switch to my inner food demon where I just want to eat all things fat n salty for days..

Well yeah. It's so delicious, it makes all the "healthy" food you subject yourself to all the time seem terrible by comparison. After a while you forget how good it tastes. Some people even convince themselves over time that they don't like it.

It's not "addictive" because of magic chemicals. It's just because it's so delicious it makes you crave that instead of less tasty food.
  • staceysmyname
    staceysmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! I watched that movie, Super Size Me ages ago, i have never been back since. That movie may help you stick with your goal

Keep it up!!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yes - it's that 10 pounds.

I have never been technically overweight (by the charts) except for right after having kids. It's usually 10 pounds, but I'd like to lose 15 and finally get to my prepregnancy weight (before my kids are in high school).
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Can we all just agree that McDonald's is ok when followed by a cleanse/juice fast and an intense session of magic Zumba 2lb toning sticks?
  • Wmy890
    Wmy890 Posts: 12
    Options
    That is the best. Congrats.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! I watched that movie, Super Size Me ages ago, i have never been back since. That movie may help you stick with your goal

Keep it up!!

I watched Fat Head and started going more often LOL
  • kkerri
    Options
    I will totally agree that an egg mcmuffin and hash brown is way better than tuna and baby kale salads.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

QFT.... Had one last week..... Very Good!!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    woohoo! awesome! :D
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Yes - it's that 10 pounds.

I have never been technically overweight (by the charts) except for right after having kids. It's usually 10 pounds, but I'd like to lose 15 and finally get to my prepregnancy weight (before my kids are in high school).

I will contend that the yoyo dieting is mostly a result of your opinions that hold fast food and similar items as "bad." You clearly are able to control what you eat, prohibit yourself from eating that stuff, and lose weight... but then you fall back into your old habits eating the things you like to eat and gain that weight back.

This is precisely, precisely what I'm talking about. I will argue that if you are able to change your views about such foods and fit them into appropriate calorie and nutrient goals instead of banning them outright, your ability to maintain those goals long-term will skyrocket.
  • kkerri
    Options
    Okay - I will reluctantly admit that there may be some of that going on.

If I only knew how to fix it.

But, in light of this thread, I had one of the brownies that I made my kids and I will log it and refrain from feeling like I blew it and then eating 6 more :-)
  • jonnythan
    Options

But, in light of this thread, I had one of the brownies that I made my kids and I will log it and refrain from feeling like I blew it and then eating 6 more :-)

That's a start.

The other aspect is to focus on what your body actually cares about: nutrients. Judge the quality of the food, and whether it fits into your nutritional goals, by the actual nutrients it contains. Allow yourself to enjoy the fast food that you clearly want to eat (since you keep going back to it) responsibly by fitting into your goals. Love ice cream? Save a little bit of room for it every day like I do. Sustainability is the key to compliance, and sustainability goes way up if you don't lay a blanket ban on stuff you love.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

The Sweet and Spicy or whatever one. It has cucumbers. Yums.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

That's a start.

The other aspect is to focus on what your body actually cares about: nutrients. Judge the quality of the food, and whether it fits into your nutritional goals, by the actual nutrients it contains. Allow yourself to enjoy the fast food that you clearly want to eat (since you keep going back to it) responsibly by fitting into your goals. Love ice cream? Save a little bit of room for it every day like I do. Sustainability is the key to compliance, and sustainability goes way up if you don't lay a blanket ban on stuff you love.

Sustainability and McD's eh? Wow! Now I've heard it all!

Btw, if this was a game I won a long time ago. I've never had to lose 65 lbs plus in my life. Maybe that's cause I don't eat McDonalds. :-/
  • jonnythan
    Options

That's a start.

Sustainability and McD's eh? Wow! Now I've heard it all!

Btw, if this was a game I won a long time ago. I've never had to lose 65 lbs plus in my life. Maybe that's cause I don't eat McDonalds. :-/

If someone has spent years yoyo dieting, only to end up "failing" by ending up back at McDs... do you really think the answer for them is more self-discipline and denial?

Of course not. It's to allow yourself to responsibly eat the food you love.

BTW, I didn't get fat eating a lot of fast food. I got fat eating my grandmother's home cooking in New Orleans and pigging out at the school cafeteria. I eat much more fast food and ice cream now that I'm 10% body fat than I ever did when I was 30%.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

What a rude thing to say.
  • jonnythan
    Options

What a rude thing to say.

Rude, obnoxious, presumptuous, factually incorrect, and nonsensical.