NO MCDONALDS

Options

Replies

• iamhisace
    iamhisace Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to LOVE mcdonalds, but I no longer eat it - even the commercials gross me out (:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE mcdonalds, but I no longer eat it - even the commercials gross me out (:

How can that be anything but psychosomatic? You used to love it and now it's gross? It's all in your head. Absent any external force convincing you that it's evil you'd still love it.

I just had McD's for lunch, incidentally.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options

How can that be anything but psychosomatic? You used to love it and now it's gross? It's all in your head. Absent any external force convincing you that it's evil you'd still love it.

You need to give it a break. Seriously. Less judgment and more support. Put down your electronics and go out and play awhile.
  • jonnythan
    Options

You need to give it a break. Seriously. Less judgment and more support. Put down your electronics and go out and play awhile.

Very nice. Tell someone to be less judgmental and more supportive by blatantly insulting them. Well done.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

All this person said was they no longer choose to eat it. How does that require you, once again, making it a big damn deal that someone no longer chooses to have a certain type of food. I don't like curry or Long John Silvers. And yes IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD because I don't like it! OMG!

On a side note, I am interested to know, OP, what you have been eating instead?
  • jonnythan
    Options

All this person said was they no longer choose to eat it. How does that require you, once again, making it a big damn deal that someone no longer chooses to have a certain. I don't like curry or Long John Silvers. And yes IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD because I don't like it! OMG!

Huh? The poster I responded to literally said they used to "LOVE" it but now they are grossed out.

If you used to "LOVE" curry but got convinced it's incredibly unhealthy evil food and you now find it gross, then, yes, it's all in your head. If you just don't like curry then who cares?
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting a goal you set.

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So is this why I kept losing weight even when I ate a cheeseburger once in a while?
    I haven't had McDonalds in 3 months. I kept thinking it was really bad for you (like the person said "poison")
    Sorry to ask lol Im New to these forums
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

It's not "poison" nor really bad. A 300 calories sandwich is not excessive for a meal. And yes they use real eggs, cheese and ham, the same you would buy at a store.

It's positive for the OP to avoid if McDonald's is her vice and derails her from losing weight, but McDonald's is hardly poison.

IDEA Fitness member

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

^ This! And since I've gotten food poisoning at McD's not once, but THREE times in my life...I can honestly say sometimes it IS poison.

I got food poisoning when my grandma didn't cook fish all the way. Better stop eating at grandma's place. that shi!t is obviously poison.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Booo to the McDonald haters. Their french fries are awesome. So are a lot of things on their menu. Mmmmmm!

The fries at most of them are good. The folks at my local McDonald's seem to think that the community wants uber salty fries. Oh well.

OP, good for you for sticking to your goal. That's an important step.

I have nothing against fast food in moderation. I don't think anyone is necessarily arguing that McDonald's is the pinnacle of nutrition; they're saying that it's not the poison that people say it is. The only thing that keeps me from stopping for a McMuffin (darn you all for mentioning those... now I want one!) is the fact that I hate making a left from the McDonald's on my way to work. I still have pizza, ice cream, and fast food now and then and I'm still losing weight and feeling better than I have in a long time. Moderation is the key.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I highly disagree, but each to their own. You eat McD's everyday and I'll eat fresh foods from the farmers markets everyday and we'll see who dies first.

^ This! And since I've gotten food poisoning at McD's not once, but THREE times in my life...I can honestly say sometimes it IS poison.

I got food poisoning when my grandma didn't cook fish all the way. Better stop eating at grandma's place. that shi!t is obviously poison.

McGrandma
  • jonnythan
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

So is this why I kept losing weight even when I ate a cheeseburger once in a while?
    I haven't had McDonalds in 3 months. I kept thinking it was really bad for you (like the person said "poison")
    Sorry to ask lol Im New to these forums

There's nothing inherently wrong with anything from McDonald's. As long as, at the end of the day, you are hitting your nutrient goals and getting some veggies you will succeed.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

All this person said was they no longer choose to eat it. How does that require you, once again, making it a big damn deal that someone no longer chooses to have a certain. I don't like curry or Long John Silvers. And yes IT IS ALL IN MY HEAD because I don't like it! OMG!

Huh? The poster I responded to literally said they used to "LOVE" it but now they are grossed out.

If you used to "LOVE" curry but got convinced it's incredibly unhealthy evil food and you now find it gross, then, yes, it's all in your head. If you just don't like curry then who cares?

OMG! I need curry now!

ps, how is curry bad for you? It's meat, vegetables, and sometimes beans (depending on what kind you get, I like Thai curry which is just meat and vegetables) in a reduction with spices.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

McGrandma

B!tch is trying to kill me.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day is to have a McD's double cheeseburger for lunch.

I'm still sore they took them off the dollar menu.

I might get a McWrap for dinner. Or one of the new Quarter Pounders.

You can get the McDouble. It' sthe same thing but one less piece of cheese. It's not like it's real cheese anyway.

Who thought American cheese was a good idea? Gross.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    My goal for the day is to have a McD's double cheeseburger for lunch.

I'm still sore they took them off the dollar menu.

I might get a McWrap for dinner. Or one of the new Quarter Pounders.

You can get the McDouble. It' sthe same thing but one less piece of cheese. It's not like it's real cheese anyway.

Who thought American cheese was a good idea? Gross.

Now they have McDoubles with bacon. I think I know what I'm going to have for dinner!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

OMG! I need curry now!

ps, how is curry bad for you? It's meat, vegetables, and sometimes beans (depending on what kind you get, I like Thai curry which is just meat and vegetables) in a reduction with spices.

I've been eating curry all week. I made a wonderful chicken curry with broccoli, and just finished the last of it yesterday for lunch!
  • jonnythan
    Options

OMG! I need curry now!

It's not bad for you. No food is automatically bad for you.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

OMG! I need curry now!

It's not bad for you. No food is automatically bad for you.

Oh, I know. I was saying I think that would be acceptable even for the people who push clean eating. Definitely not a clean eater over here (see: last comment about wanting a McDouble with bacon)
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

OMG! I need curry now!

I've been eating curry all week. I made a wonderful chicken curry with broccoli, and just finished the last of it yesterday for lunch!

And you didn't share? Would not bang.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Too be honest, there are a lot of foods that I used to eat all the time, but after changing my diet and eating less deep fat fried sodium bombs and more homemade stuff, I grab one, and think. UGH! This tastes like nothing but salt. How could I have ever eaten this daily or more.