MFP Women!! Quick 10 minutes arms work out that you saw results with in few months?

Options
I also would like to see pics.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    There isn't one. You cannot spot reduce.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Not spot reduce just improve the muscles
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

It doesn't work that way.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

It doesn't?
  • lorijay57
    lorijay57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Of course one can achieve positive results with arm exercises. Otherwise why would anyone lift weights? There won't be loss of fat tissue but improving strength and flexibility of the muscles will definitely improve how they look. Try Pinterest for ideas.
  • Caroleezee
    Caroleezee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always see results when I push ups and lat pull-downs. Gets some sculpting going. :)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

What are you talking about? You're saying targeting a specific muscle group will not build that muscle?
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    Thanks Carolezee! it is nice to get a specific quick routine that you are using, I see a tone online but I want to see specifics within here.
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

It doesn't?

so what do you recommend :) ?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

What are you talking about? You're saying targeting a specific muscle group will not build that muscle?

I have never seen a 10-minute workout where the results are anything significant.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    If I only had 10 minutes to work out, I'd do as many push ups as I could.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you wanting to accomplish with the arms workout? You can follow some of the men's arm routines that are online. They may help provide some shape to the arms in a short timeframe. It won't reduce the fat. Sometimes if you still have a lot of fat to lose it could make your arms look thicker temporarily by "toning" the muscles underneath.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-beastly-arm-routines.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/21-arm-routines-part-1.html
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    OP, I've never done an arm-specific workout. However, I had noticeable results fairly quickly once I started lifting. Bench press, rows, and overhead/shoulder presses can be done with barbells or dumbbells. If you have access to a lat pulldown machine you can use it as well. (I'm assuming you cannot do chinups/pullups at this point as most untrained and a good number of trained women cannot.) If you can't get to a lat pulldown machine, you may be able to trying something like an inverted row, modifying it based on your ability. I, personally, would suggest doing these exercises as part of a full body program rather than just trying to train arms.

Sorry, I have no pictures. I'm not good at taking "before" pictures and I am so white that light reflects off of me and washes me out so no definition shows (I swear it's there in real life!) Or maybe I am just a terrible picture taker. Who knows.
  • HeatherMacLeish
    HeatherMacLeish Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do 3 sets of each:

1. tricep extensions - http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-dumbbell-triceps-extension
    2. two-arm shoulder press
    3. bicep curls (usually holding the weight with two hands)

Works like magic!
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    OP, I've never done an arm-specific workout. However, I had noticeable results fairly quickly once I started lifting. Bench press, rows, and overhead/shoulder presses can be done with barbells or dumbbells. If you have access to a lat pulldown machine you can use it as well. (I'm assuming you cannot do chinups/pullups at this point as most untrained and a good number of trained women cannot.) If you can't get to a lat pulldown machine, you may be able to trying something like an inverted row, modifying it based on your ability. I, personally, would suggest doing these exercises as part of a full body program rather than just trying to train arms.

Sorry, I have no pictures. I'm not good at taking "before" pictures and I am so white that light reflects off of me and washes me out so no definition shows (I swear it's there in real life!) Or maybe I am just a terrible picture taker. Who knows.

Thank you! I will start lifting at home and I have my water gallons ready! yeah who needs dumbells!!
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    I do 3 sets of each:

1. tricep extensions - http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-dumbbell-triceps-extension
    2. two-arm shoulder press
    3. bicep curls (usually holding the weight with two hands)

Works like magic!

Great I definitely will check this out!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I have never seen a 10-minute workout where the results are anything significant.

My deadlift workout lasts 10 minutes. I do it twice per week. I hold a world record in the World Powerlifting Congress for deadlift only.

10 minutes is better than zero. 10 minutes can lead to 20, 30, 60+.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

My deadlift workout lasts 10 minutes. I do it twice per week. I hold a world record in the World Powerlifting Congress for deadlift only.

Agreed, but a deadlift is a full body lift, and I agree OP would do better in a full body workout situation, not just an arm workout.
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Can I see your deadlift workout?
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My arm strength and flexibility has improved by doing this video. Started with 2lb weights and am up to 8lb weights.

Total beginner when started.

http://www.sparkpeople.tv/video.asp?id=645