Donuts

Options
Does anyone just include a donut or some other "bad" food in their day to keep cravings in check or as a reward? still keeping within your calorie allotment for the day .

Replies

• KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course! I wouldn't be able to do this if I didn't treat my self every once in a while!! Just make sure to save enough calories for it and you'll be fine :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Does anyone just include a donut or some other "bad" food in their day to keep cravings in check or as a reward? still keeping within your calorie allotment for the day .

not as a reward, as part of my regular diet - food is to be enjoyed - as long as you reach a balance and have a generally wide nutritious diet covering off the basics of adequate protein, fats and micro nutrients then eat what you like to eat

personally on a daily basis I eat a pack of chips (<100 cals) and ice cream (<100 cals) - yes both, and yes every single day virtually - generally cookies too (also around 100 cals.. the occasional doughnut (230 calories is ok to fit in) or other stuff - I'm in maintenance, when dieting I probably had one or other and not both

if I'm eating something particularly calorie dense I'll make room for it with other choices across the week
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes, I include donuts, cinnamon rolls, and other "forbidden" items. I just try to compensate on those days by cutting back elsewhere.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't like donuts that much, I don't refer to any foods as "bad", I find eating trigger foods just increase cravings, and I don't use food as a reward. So no, not me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No food is bad, just having TOO much of it.
    I enjoy the odd donut and make it fit in my calorie allowance.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Same as everyone above. I don't view foods as good and bad, I don't use it as a reward, but I still eat things like doughnuts, Oreos, ice cream and pizza in moderation. I fit them into my calorie goal while focusing on eating a variety of other nutrient dense foods.
  • wi_maint_man
    wi_maint_man Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Food is neither good nor bad. Just calorie dense or not. And yes include treats into my daily calories.

Did everyone see the quotation marks around "bad foods" ?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Food is neither good nor bad. Just calorie dense or not. And yes include treats into my daily calories.

Did everyone see the quotation marks around "bad foods" ?

And??? What significance do you attribute to that? Are you saying you don't really think they are bad? Them why use that phrase in the first place?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I include junk food into my diet. Not as often when I am cutting. My favorite saying is, there are no bad foods, just bad diets. If the context of your diet is good, then a little junk food isn't going to hurt you.
  • dianaH1986
    dianaH1986 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a donut on my "cheat" day. Usually on a Friday. Once a week isn't bad and it helps me stay on course cause I love donuts!!!! Also, I stick with a simple glazed or a french Cruller.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If you want a doughnut occasionally and it fits your calorie/nutrient goals fine.

It's not a reward though. Food is what you give to your dog as a reward for doing a trick. People are better than that imo.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Donuts are evil. I dream about them every day. Hot, greasy, and full of sugar. I don't eat them often because I want more than one. For me, when I allow myself a donut, it is a treat.
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If I can control myself with only eating one of a special treat I will always include it if it fits into my calories. There are certain things I know I can't control myself with so I just avoid them, like cookies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I usually have some kind of "treat" most days...not donuts because that's not my thing...but some kind of treat...it doesn't magically undo all of the other awesome nutrition I take in during the day.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    High calorie foods take planning for me but I fit them in! Plus, did you know you can buy just one donut hole at Dunkin Donuts? Really easy to fit in!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I include all that passes my lips, but I realized (due to some test results I recently received) that I need to substantially change some habits. Good news is that the donut I'd been having for breakfast has been easily replaced with fat free cottage cheese and crushed pineapple!

However I still need coffee drink(s) in my day, so that takes some planning! :wink: