Clean Eating, IIFYM, and Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have NO interest in Diet Coke, unless cake vodka is involved.

Carry on.
    ...they have that?!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    This article had very little to do with Diet Coke. I was prepared to learn about diet coke facts with actual source documentation instead of some bro or bro-ette on the forums making claims without legitimate evidence to support them...like I already see here.

As for clean eating? I sanitize after handling raw meat...tasty, tasty meat. (I.E. I'm on board with the author.)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    We're all going to die anyway, so why not huff paint thinner.

Seems legit. In other news I just bought a two liter of diet pepsi. I expect to be back up to my SW and/or dead by morning.

Do you have any thoughts on what you want on your tombstone? Some dire warning about the ills of Diet Pepsi?

"Blame it on the Aspartame"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I'll go to your grave and morn for you over 10 litres of water and blame it on the rain.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I have NO interest in Diet Coke, unless cake vodka is involved.

Carry on.
    ...they have that?!

Yes.

IMG_9949.jpg
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Bro foods for me
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    In for the birthday cake vodka.

LOLz at all the people worked up about diet coke. Replace "diet coke" with anything you want and re-read the message. *smh*
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Def made me think, especially the fear food part. It's crazy cause I was feeling like man I don't buy organic. But everything is in moderation. I'm loving the comment in the blog where she post. Great article!

Romans 14:2-4

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke sucks! Coke Zero FTW!

Im addicted to Coke Zero :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to read this later-dang work gets in the way of my leisure activities!! :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Coke Tastes like cough syrup. And that's exactly why I like it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    TL;DR but I don't drink soda because I don't like it.

Diet soda tastes plastic and fake.

Regular soda makes my teeth feel like they are rotting.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that the author wrote 1,653 words criticizing clean eating in response to 40 words about diet coke (which words, incidentally, were all true.)

You led me to believe that you had an interesting observation, but then followed it with something totally uninteresting and unremarkable.

I demand restitution!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    So these look the same to you?
    tumblr_lxthu3QPAD1r1bnpno1_500.gif3ZO4xxz.gif
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    The author lost me at "I don't eat much red meat at all..." You can't trust people like that.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That was Freaking fantastic! *claps*
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    So these look the same to you?
    tumblr_lxthu3QPAD1r1bnpno1_500.gif3ZO4xxz.gif

They look different. The one pretending to drink out of a bottle will most definitely die before the huffer.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'll just sit back and enjoy my Diet Coke shower.
    I love Diet Coke especially a fountain version. I stopped drinking it daily but man, I love it at a restaurant.
    tumblr_m33zheuHqI1qe0deco1_500.gif
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The author says she has two or so diet cokes a week as a treat. She isn't defending diet coke as much as criticizing the practice of self-righteous, unsolicited critiquing of other people's diet choices. I also sparingly drink diet coke. I don't think it's good for me, but I drink it once a week or so sometimes. Like the author, I have had people criticize me for it, and it's really annoying. Of course, it's always people who know less about nutrition and science than I do.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I use to drink diet coke. It would be nothing for me to drink 1 or 2 12 packs a day. I have been diet coke and soft drink free for 4 months. Now I find it to be disgusting. If you want to drink it fine. I do not care. This article was excessive. Clean eating is healthier for everyone. I try my best not to eat processed foods. A good amount of the aliments these days are because of the processed foods. Have any of you tried fresh brewed tea and bottled tea. The bottled tea has citric acid in it. Citric acid tastes nasty. Anyway, good article.
    Citrus fruits have citric acid. Hence the name. If you drink fresh brewed tea with lemon, then your fresh brewed tea also has citric acid in it. Just saying.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I use to drink diet coke. It would be nothing for me to drink 1 or 2 12 packs a day. I have been diet coke and soft drink free for 4 months. Now I find it to be disgusting. If you want to drink it fine. I do not care. This article was excessive. Clean eating is healthier for everyone. I try my best not to eat processed foods. A good amount of the aliments these days are because of the processed foods. Have any of you tried fresh brewed tea and bottled tea. The bottled tea has citric acid in it. Citric acid tastes nasty. Anyway, good article.

1st bold statement:

Broad unsubstantiated statement is broad and unsubstantiated.

2nd bold statement:

Personal preference =/= the preference of humanity