My new bra size sucks after weight loss

Options
So I went from size 34 C (easy to shop for) to a size 32 D. Tried to buy new bra's today, no luck. This size doesn't seem to sell very well. Is this really such crazy size? Not one store carried it Oh well, probably have to order online.

Replies

• __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Do you have a sister size? I'm a 36 DD or a 38 D. Maybe you can wear a size up or down, your old 34 C might not fit (if it's older, been washed or stretched out a lot) maybe a new one will? Congrats on the weight loss!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    OP - That's a very common size at Victoria's Secret, give them a try.

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I tried about 3 different sizes. I know Victoria's Secret sizes run a bit small, I'll check there for my old size. It was fun to try new clothes on after my weight loss. Went from size 10 - 12 to size 6 - 8 and these skinny jeans look phenomenal now. I have a ton of clothes that are way to big. Are you guys hanging on to them or toss them out eventually?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Try a 32G.
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Go to Dillards, they sale it. A little pricey, but they carry it.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about donating my clothes or trading in some of the newer ones for credits at thrift stores since I went down in size so quickly
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    A 34 C has the same cup size as a 32 D. Do you have anyone that can alter the band for you? If you are certain about your cup size there are a lot of stores online that carry that size.
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was measured at La Senza here in Canada and found my size to be a 32 D. At Victoria Secret I was measured to be a 34 C. Both cup size fits perfectly, depends where we hook the bra.

I purchased both sizes from both the stores. These sizes were readily available at both the stores when I bra shopped.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, lots of great tips
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Try Natori. You can find it at Dillard's and online (I know herroom has some). Ekouaer also has that size (I got mine on Amazon for about $15 prime-free shipping).
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret can help you!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I went the other way. From a specialty store only 38A to an available anywhere 36B
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I have to buy mine at a speciality shop now. Went from a 36-38 D to a 30 E or F (some stupid cup size not available in any regular store).
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So I went from size 34 C (easy to shop for) to a size 32 D. Tried to buy new bra's today, no luck. This size doesn't seem to sell very well. Is this really such crazy size? Not one store carried it Oh well, probably have to order online.

Check online you'll find many sizes you won't be able to in your typical stores.... many of the specialty fitters in the US use UK sizing as it's more accurate a fit.
    Is that what they used for you? Go to a nice store (no not Walmart, Target etc. a good quality store, Nordstroms etc., even a Penney's should carry your size) and you should find exactly what you're looking for in many styles and colors. :)

The thing about VS ..if they start to measure you above your bust, you need to back away and find a store that really knows how to fit you for bras. That's the ancient method for measuring. The correct way to measure is across the widest part of your bust and under. Don't have them convince you about minusing the 4 inches either. lol

Youtube has some fabulous vids about the best ways to get fitted and where to buy... really helpful vids.
  • mikngayaq
    mikngayaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My daughter wears that size, the only place she can find bras is Aerie.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!