Help with a sunburn

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    So many tips which to choose! Vinegar/water cloth is a neat idea - I think I'll try that in the future but fingers crossed I wont have to.

I wish I posted about my sunburn a couple weeks ago for tip like this. I put on block 2x but my tummy got burnt on vaca - guess it doesn’t see the much sun lol and my legs burnt a week before that even while not horizontal (they were at 90 degree angles sitting legs in the pool, guess the suns rays really do reflect off the water) and I couldn’t exercise b/c of the tightness in my legs - the tummy burn didn't affect exercising, I stayed away from sit-ups.

I just wore skirts to work everyday so that I could apply aloe on my legs frequently w/o getting all sticky. I used body lotion on the tummy when getting dressed. Works the same as aloe w/o the stickiness.
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I have some J/A/S/O/N organic aloe vera gel. It's AMAZING. Just keep up with that 3x a day and you'll be grand.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Vinegar helps a little,I put Aloe Vera on 4 times a Day.Thanks everyone for the advice.
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I got sun burnt this weekend also.

Mine isn't painful all the time, but only when I put some thing on it (aloe or lotion). The aloe worked for me the first few days, but now I am peeling slightly, so it makes me itch like no other. I also can't work out because the sweat makes me itch some thing awful. I feel anxious not being able to do my usual workouts.

Does anyone know of anything that will stop the itching? I haven't tried vinagar...now that I am peeling slightly, I'm thinking it's not such a good idea.

I have heard of soaking white bread in milk (the fattier, the better) and laying that on the burn. I haven't tried it myself tho.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I got sun burnt this weekend also.

Mine isn't painful all the time, but only when I put some thing on it (aloe or lotion). The aloe worked for me the first few days, but now I am peeling slightly, so it makes me itch like no other. I also can't work out because the sweat makes me itch some thing awful. I feel anxious not being able to do my usual workouts.

Does anyone know of anything that will stop the itching? I haven't tried vinagar...now that I am peeling slightly, I'm thinking it's not such a good idea.

I have heard of soaking white bread in milk (the fattier, the better) and laying that on the burn. I haven't tried it myself tho.

OATMEAL! Seriously, oatmeal is amazing on the skin! It is soothing, healing, moisturizing, and completely natural.
  • Dusty73085
    Dusty73085 Posts: 40
    Options
    Will oatmeal lotion work the same way?

I got some Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion but that made me itch as much as the aloe.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal baths work. Not sure about oatmeal lotion.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Sometimes when the skin is healing it can itch. But oatmeal is great for the skin. It is actually used for itchy skin, bites, etc.

We use oatmeal masques on clients who have dry skin, mature, skin, and sunburned skin when giving facial treatments. Especially on clients who go tanning or spend alot of time in the sun. It is very soothing and healing.

Try the oatmeal bath.... those are for sunburnes, poison ivy/oak/sumac, chicken pox....

If you are so badly burned that you can't use anything recommended, you should most certainly talk to you physician. (Chances are, he'll perscribe a lotion that contains pharmeceutical grade oatmeal)