Protein Pancake Lovers

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I just do a scoop of protein powder, tbsp of baking powder and an egg. but I am a simple man

Is that added to Kodiak mix or on its own?

it's definitely not added to that premade mix. Kodiak already has it's own levening agents and protein powder.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I mix flour (usually half white, half wholegrain), whey powder, baking powder (spoonful per cup of flour), baking soda (pinch per cup of flour) a little salt, maybe some sugar for the dry mix.

Then at least one egg per cup of flour, buttermilk, maybe some honey, and a little oil for the wet mix.

Combine these, adjusting buttermilk to get the consistency you want and cook.

I don't actually measure, just keep rough proportions, but they come out fine, yummy.

ETA: Crepes are very eggy and pretty good protein, too. They are easy to make.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    One scoop pancake mix, one scoop Cinnabun or Pumpkin Pie protein powder, unsweetened vanilla almond milk until it's the right consistency. Add blueberries to the Cinnabun ones, pecans to the Pumpkin Pie one. Both freaking delicious.

I did try Strawberry protein powder with strawberries added in once. That was a total fail. :s
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Have any of you ever used the Kodiak mix in a waffle maker and, if so, did it work okay? I feel like it should but I wanted to check first.

I am a terrible pancake maker for some reason and, as a result, only make waffles.

Yes I've done it, but the batter needs to be a bit runnier than when I make pancakes for it to work.