2»

Replies

• sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    sappermuff wrote: »
    Squat. Alot. Like, daily until you vomit.

What the hell kind of advice is that for a beginner?!

The truth. The squat is everything.

I agree to some extent but not until you puke! I would also choose the Deadlift over the squat but squat is a close 2nd

If you have never puked post squats, you are a *kitten*.

I have only ever puked due to illness or intoxication to the best of my knowledge so I guess I am a "kitten" and what is that? I'm assuming a p*ssy

Yep. Not saying you gotta do it every training session, but if you have never puked post squat you ain't going hard enough.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Well that's fine if that's your thing but I find vomitting generally unpleasant
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Of course it's unpleasant. Training should not be pleasant ever.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Squat. Alot. Like, daily until you vomit.

What the hell kind of advice is that for a beginner?!

The truth. The squat is everything.

I agree to some extent but not until you puke! I would also choose the Deadlift over the squat but squat is a close 2nd

If you have never puked post squats, you are a *kitten*.

I have only ever puked due to illness or intoxication to the best of my knowledge so I guess I am a "kitten" and what is that? I'm assuming a p*ssy

Yep. Not saying you gotta do it every training session, but if you have never puked post squat you ain't going hard enough.
    I don't think anyone who is new to lifting needs to go that hard to the point that they literally become sick. The physical effort that's required to gain muscle does not need to be that extreme, especially for those who haven't previously gained any muscle.

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Get a program.
    Splits are better than full body workouts.
    Consistency is key.
    Form is everything.

Why are splits better than full body workouts?

I think it is a better idea to begin training with compound lifts to build a good strength base.
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    ilovefastcarstoo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    These all are good tips! Thanks everyone :) I'm looking forward to trying out the weight machines at work.