Any one else here struggling with Depression?

Options
So.. I was diagnosed with Dysthymia, have been dealing with the symptoms since 2012, but just found out like a month ago I officially am depressed, and it makes sense because I gained like 100 lbs since then, and I am doing awful at college studying wise, and my life in general isn't that perfect, so I kind of need to lose all the weight again to start my life over, because I noticed that my weight and shape play a huge role in how I feel about myself and my life.. so if you are around my age -soon to be 25- and wanna lose around the same weight "80-100lbs" and are struggling with depression, please feel free to contact me hopefully we can help and motivation each other in a way or another.

Replies

• catapennarolli96
    catapennarolli96 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling too. You are not alone.. We can do this.!
  • GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you both have depression. HUGS
  • vrhernandez98
    vrhernandez98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Depressed and not content with myself. You're not alone. :/ We'll get through this.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've lost my weight and am now maintaining but I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder as well as borderline personality disorder so I understand your struggles. add me as a friend if you like.
  • kdogni
    kdogni Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've fought depression two years ago.
    You can all beat it
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Depression and anxiety struggle daily
    It helps when I do cardio daily and of course drugs
    Take one day at a time sometimes just take one hour committ yourself to some activity
  • MelindaBev
    MelindaBev Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I struggle with anxiety and depression too, I seem to be able to stick with a program when I am feeling ok, but when depression hits, everything goes. I know when I exercise it helps my mood, but I really need to push myself to exercise when I am really down. It is a vicious circle, and I have struggled with it, and my weight my whole life. Trying to get back on track now. Looking for inspiration and wishing everyone the best of luck with their journeys :-)
  • indiecupcake89
    indiecupcake89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost 180 lbs naturally and gained back 25 lbs in the last year due to binging as a method for coping with my depression. It's tough:/
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So.. I was diagnosed with Dysthymia, have been dealing with the symptoms since 2012, but just found out like a month ago I officially am depressed, and it makes sense because I gained like 100 lbs since then, and I am doing awful at college studying wise, and my life in general isn't that perfect, so I kind of need to lose all the weight again to start my life over, because I noticed that my weight and shape play a huge role in how I feel about myself and my life.. so if you are around my age -soon to be 25- and wanna lose around the same weight "80-100lbs" and are struggling with depression, please feel free to contact me hopefully we can help and motivation each other in a way or another.

You're almost identical to me. I'm 25 now and gained 100lbs when I moved up to college and became incredibly depressed. I was diagnosed with Dysthymia, BPD, and AvPD. I currently weigh 250 (highest was 266) and I'm hoping to drop down to 145.

My depression gets the worse during summer which is both a curse and a blessing. Means I'm happier during the school year but when summer rolls around I can't get out of bed.

If you'd like to add me you're more than welcome to :smile:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Dealt with depression for most of my adult life and still do to a certain extent. But it's amazing how much better a good workout can make you feel.

That's basically how I get through it. Keep on, keeping on and sweat it out.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    KaleidoscopicMind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling too. You are not alone.. We can do this.!

We definitely can :) I added you.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you both have depression. HUGS

Thank you so much :)
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    Depressed and not content with myself. You're not alone. :/ We'll get through this.

We will my friend :) Added you.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    I've lost my weight and am now maintaining but I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder as well as borderline personality disorder so I understand your struggles. add me as a friend if you like.

Congratulations on your weight loss! :) Hope you can complete your happiness with getting over depression very soon, I know you can and will, good luck my dear. and added you.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    kdogni wrote: »
    I've fought depression two years ago.
    You can all beat it

I am very happy for you :) thanks for the kind support.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    gfjazz wrote: »
    Depression and anxiety struggle daily
    It helps when I do cardio daily and of course drugs
    Take one day at a time sometimes just take one hour committ yourself to some activity

I am trying very hard to keep myself busy but it wins most of the time, thanks for the support :)
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    MelindaBev wrote: »
    I struggle with anxiety and depression too, I seem to be able to stick with a program when I am feeling ok, but when depression hits, everything goes. I know when I exercise it helps my mood, but I really need to push myself to exercise when I am really down. It is a vicious circle, and I have struggled with it, and my weight my whole life. Trying to get back on track now. Looking for inspiration and wishing everyone the best of luck with their journeys :-)

I know how it feels, and I am so sorry you feel this way, but I know we can get over this and tomorrow is gonna be better, good luck. I added you.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    I lost 180 lbs naturally and gained back 25 lbs in the last year due to binging as a method for coping with my depression. It's tough:/

Wow good job on the 180 lbs, congratulations, and you can get it done you already proved you are strong, good luck with you depression and I hope you beat it very soon.. added you.
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    You're almost identical to me. I'm 25 now and gained 100lbs when I moved up to college and became incredibly depressed. I was diagnosed with Dysthymia, BPD, and AvPD. I currently weigh 250 (highest was 266) and I'm hoping to drop down to 145.

My depression gets the worse during summer which is both a curse and a blessing. Means I'm happier during the school year but when summer rolls around I can't get out of bed.

If you'd like to add me you're more than welcome to :smile:

I am very sorry to know you are going through all this too.. I can relate to how you feel and how it is affecting your life and happiness, but it's how it is and we gotta deal with it if we wanna change anything, I added you, hopefully we can motivate each other to get moving and feel a little bit better to have the energy to diet, exercise and function in life normally, good luck my friend :)
  • KaleidoscopicMind
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Dealt with depression for most of my adult life and still do to a certain extent. But it's amazing how much better a good workout can make you feel.

That's basically how I get through it. Keep on, keeping on and sweat it out.

I am so glad you are in control now :) stay safe and happy, and thanks a lot for the kind support :)