High Protein/Low Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, fish. Dairy if you can tolerate it.
  • GetNew81
    GetNew81 Posts: 26
    Options
    For those who mentioned cottage cheese, I'm curious. What do you eat with it?
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    For those who mentioned cottage cheese, I'm curious. What do you eat with it?

I used to eat it plain and I really liked it, but I understand that it's an acquired taste/texture...
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    MEAT

I've asked the same question before, it's always my carbs and fats that are highest

Stupid question time.............

Do you literally just pull a precooked chicken breast out your bag and start munching? I'm not a massive cold meat person either and only have a microwave at work.
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese, eggs (boiled) :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    MEAT

I've asked the same question before, it's always my carbs and fats that are highest

Do you literally just pull a precooked chicken breast out your bag and start munching? I'm not a massive cold meat person either and only have a microwave at work.

I had a coworker who used to eat an entire chicken throughout the day. She would leave it in the back room and just munch on it any time she was back there. I wouldn't actually suggest doing that since it was kind of gross (she left the bones lying around...) but it's not unheard of!

What about making a small snack-sized salad or something? Take some lettuce, veggies, add some meat, a little lemon juice (always makes cold meat taste better!)...?
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options

Now I have this image of a chicken bar...It is like a candy bar, but made of chicken!
    Of course there is always jerky....

But in my quest to up my protein intake I've gotten to the point of putting 6oz of chicken on a salad that only has 6oz of everything else.
  • tfpdunn
    tfpdunn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
  • tfpdunn
    tfpdunn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs (not they do not increase cholesterol, eat away!)
    pork rinds/cracklins
    berries
    nuts
    meat
    cheeses

There are a multitude of things to eat. I just personally stay away from soy completely, I believe it to be complete and utter garbage. I just eat high fat and protein with low carbs.

what berries are high protein?
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Home made beef jerky. 1 rump roast with fat trimmed sliced then put in to bag of teriyaki marinade with a little red pepper flake, onion powder and a bit of honey for 24 hours, drain then layout on furnace filters and strap them to a box fan on high for about 24 to 36 hours.

Cheap low fat, low carb snack also no nitrates and less sodium then store bought jerky.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    TURKEY BITES...YUM.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    MEAT

use a hairdryer?