Trying to loose 40 lbs in 6 weeks for my Wedding

Options
13»

Replies

• ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My six week mark is on Saturday and Im right on track to have lost 20 lbs. I had a couple of rough weeks where I didnt lose any weight. One week was because I had my calories too low. I upped it by 300 and BOOM lost 4.5 lbs the following week. The other week I struggled with my eating my daughter turned 16 and I had pizza and cake & icecream which started a trend of poor eating the next 3 days so I lost no weight that week. I believe I could have lost 25 in the 6 weeks had I not had the slip up. So all that being said I believe with hard work and eating clean you can lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks. My diary is open to friends if you wanna add me to take a look for some ideas.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You don't want to lose that much weight that fast. Besides all of the great info above, other side effects can happen, too. I lost 30 lbs in less than a month (not intentionally, lots of exercise from boredom combined with sharing meals with my then-toddler daughter). Well, 2 months later, I was in the ER with excruciating pain from gallstones from losing weight too fast. Then 6 more months of random attacks that were the worst pain I'd ever felt...and I've given birth twice! LOL

Definitely workout, do your best to eat well, and don't stress. It's your big day and you should enjoy it!
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'll just go for whatever I can up until that day and keep it going!!!! :)

I'd try 800 cals a day for as long as you can but for no more than 4 weeks. In the final 2 weeks bring it down a notch to 1000. Then go crazy on your wedding day and devour that cake!

If you can couple that with fat burning cardio, like the stepping machine and the treadmill on 'fat burn' mode. That means you will do a steady rhythm/speed for a long period of time.

Good luck!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'll just go for whatever I can up until that day and keep it going!!!! :)

I'd try 800 cals a day for as long as you can but for no more than 4 weeks. In the final 2 weeks bring it down a notch to 1000. Then go crazy on your wedding day and devour that cake!

If you can couple that with fat burning cardio, like the stepping machine and the treadmill on 'fat burn' mode. That means you will do a steady rhythm/speed for a long period of time.

Good luck!

Unless he meant 1800, this is not good advice. Do not starve yourself for your wedding. Your husband will love you no matter what you weigh and you will be gorgeous on your wedding day. Enjoy this time, it only happens once (maybe).
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: http://www.fatlose.org

No to this too.
  • kdwilliams10
    Options
    congrats, first and foremost! You are gawjuss, by the way. Any-who, it is not healthy to loose that much weight, that fast. Although, you can jump start weight lose and loose a quick 20 easy. I have been dieting since April, and have lost a total of 45. A good cleanse is a great place to start. There is also a diet I have used once a week, 3 days a week and eat a little more in excess than they provide and will lose more like 5 lbs a week. I also work out 5 times a week and have gone cold turkey on soda, snacks, fats, fried, and sweet foods. In 6 weeks, you can definitely come down a good 15-20, but just remember, that because your losing it fast, it will come back faster and more. Make sense? I wish you luck and congrats again!!!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    People think that to lose weight you need to stop eating and to exercise a lot. However, I’d like to recommend to you an innovative and effective system. This is the website: www.fatlose.org

Please put your boobs back in your shirt. Thank you.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A lot of great advice has all ready been given. Just wanted to say Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!
  • ShannonKelliG
    ShannonKelliG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agree that you won't lose that much in 6 weeks (otherwise we'd ALL be 40 pounds lighter!) but you can def decrease your weight with some diet and exercise. Don't forget to incorporate a lot of arm workouts to bust out some sexy shoulders and triceps for that dress!!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

I agree with this. You can buy shapewear and the fit of your dress will help hid some of your problems areas, but most wedding dresses show off your arms and back. I would concentrate on that area the most over the next 6 weeks, while eating at a deficit. You'll lose pounds and looked more toned.

Otherwise don't worry about it. You're marring a man who loves you. The people who love you the most are there to celebrate with you. They don't care about the 30 extra pounds. Enjoy your day and the start of your new life.
  • kdwilliams10
    Options
    ugh, no. no one should be eating less than 1200. I hope that was a typo...
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    40lbs wow.....I think you could easily lose a min of 14 lbs, 2 lbs a week, the first week you will probably lose a lot of water

I am sure you will look stunning not matter what you weigh, enjoy your special day
  • SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Work on toning and strengthening muscles! You will lose inches and carry yourself better. You could go down a dress size (or two).
  • kdwilliams10
    Options
    lol :laugh:
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was able to drop 25 lbs in a month and a half, when I was around 190 lbs and not exercising, only changing my diet. I didn't drop any more after that for a while and got discouraged, but if I had just started working out, I would have continued losing, although most likely at a slower rate. You may not reach that exact goal but I'm sure you can get close enough to make you happy!
    No offence but a lot of that would have been in the initial week or so when you lose a lot of water weight etc. You'd have to be in a 2,000 calorie deficit to lose 25lb in 45 days...most people struggle to go into a 1,000 calorie deficit without starving themselves.
  • erikasmith2013
    Options
    Thanks again for all the comments, although some are a bit "ouch" they are ultimately honest! :) And that is what i was asking for. I will continue tracking my food...moderate my carbs and exercising 6 days and see what results I have :)
  • ctwachal
    Options
    How's it going so far?
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great plan Congratulations and good luck!