Low Calorie Desserts...Help!

Options

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Champagne. lol. In all seriousness. I have a weakness for deserts and I often seem to have trouble properly 'seeing' just how big that piece of cake is... so, with every calories logged all nice and legal-like , I often substitute Champagne. Happy.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    merengues
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    @KareninLux I see no issues with drinking dessert!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    Berry crumble - berry of your choice, topped with crumble made from protein powder (unflavored or vanilla), little butter, oats)
    Sounds delightful!
    4 layer Dessert - Crust = 1c flour, 1/2 low cal butter; 2nd layer = 1pkg no fat cream cheese, 1/2 powdered sugar or stevia, 1/2 fat free whipped cream; 3rd layer = sugar free chocolate pudding; 4th layer = fat free whipped cream. Top with chocolate curls or pecan pieces.
    How much butter? 1/2 cup? Do you back the crust layer and cool before adding the other layers? Love the sounds of this.

Sorry! Should have been more specific. Yes, cook the crust on 350 for about 20 min and let cool. And yes 1/2cup butter

I sometimes add protein powder to the different layers for a protein boost. But it also ups the calories.

I should also state the berry crumble should be baked at 350 for 15-20 min.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    4 layer Dessert - Crust = 1c flour, 1/2 low cal butter; 2nd layer = 1pkg no fat cream cheese, 1/2 powdered sugar or stevia, 1/2 fat free whipped cream; 3rd layer = sugar free chocolate pudding; 4th layer = fat free whipped cream. Top with chocolate curls or pecan pieces.

Serving size & calorie count? Sounds delish.
  • mom23mangos
    Options

Serving size & calorie count? Sounds delish.

Makes 9 servings using a 9x9 baking dish. 170 calories per serving.

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in this recipe, let me type it up a little better:

4 Layer Dessert

1 cup flour
    1/2 Light butter (I can't believe it's not butter light)
    1 package fat free cream cheese
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 package sugar free chocolate pudding
    1 cup fat free milk
    1 container fat free whip cream

1. Mix flour and butter together and press into bottom of 9x9in baking dish
    2. Bake at 350 for ~20min or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool
    3. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whip cream together and spread over cooled crust
    4. Mix pudding mix and milk together and spread over cream cheese layer
    5. Top with remaining cool whip and chocolate curls and/or chopped nuts.

Refrigerate until cool.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wonder if 4 Layer Dessert could be made with coconut or almond flour...
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I wonder if 4 Layer Dessert could be made with coconut or almond flour...

I bet you could. Quick googing found these. Probably more work and ingredients that the original though.

https://elanaspantry.com/paleo-pie-crust/
    http://m.sugarfreemom.com/uriy2tj/articles/65567/Low-Carb-Coconut-Flour-Pie-Crust
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    I thought about trying it with coconut flour, but it actually has more calories than wheat flour. So unless you are gluten sensitive, might as well stick with flour. If you are, then I don't see why you can't substitute.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Strawberry Lemonade Pie (Weight Watchers)

One large package sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix

2 cups skim milk

1/2 package or (1/2 tablespoon) Crystal Light strawberry lemonade drink mix (one package makes 2 quarts)

8 oz fat free Cool Whip

1 reduced fat graham cracker crust

red food coloring (optional)

In a large mixing bowl, combine dry pudding mix, skim milk, and 1/2 tablespoon Crystal Light with a hand mixer. Beat until mixture thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Add a few drops of red food coloring to obtain desired color. Mix well after adding the food coloring. Fold in 3/4 container of fat free cool whip. Pour into graham cracker crust. Cover, and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.

My mother has made this pie before and it is so freaken good! And you can sub in what ever flavor you want for the drink mix. I use the black berry powder and then toss in some berries. It's light and fluffy and sooooooo good!!

I think you can also use jello gelatin powder if you don't have any powdered tea mix or want a different flavor.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    YASSO FROZEN GREEK YOGURT BARS...100 CALORIES OF HEAVEN. SEA SALT CARAMEL, CHOC MINT, COOKIE DOUGH, STRAWBERRY AND MORE. I FOUND THEM AT WALMART, CHECK THEIR WEBSITE FOR LOCATIONS NEAR YOU. TRULY THE BEST SWEET I HAVE EATEN. ANOTHER GREAT ONE IS DANNON LITE AND FIT GREEK YOGURT ANY FLAVOR YO LIKE, 80 CALORIES TOPPED W/ 1/4 CUP STRAWBERRIES, 12 CALORIES. AWESOME!
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Outshine Fruit Bars(my favorites are the lemon, mango and raspberry), unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon, Yasso Frozen Yogurt bars, fruit salad, or sugar free Jello.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yum, these all sound soo good!
    Here are two of my favorite snacks, one for my salty cravings and one for my sweet cravings! Enjoy

Zero Carb Cheesy Egg Chips
    These taste a lot like a low carb/fat cheeze it cracker if you make them right
    4 Egg Whites
    2 tbsp shredded cheese of your flavor choice
    1/2 tbsp water to thin it out a little
    Salt and pepper to taste if desired

*Preheat your oven to 400 and ready a non stick medium size muffin pan
    Whisk together your egg whites, water, and whatever seasoning you want to flavor
    With a syringe, fill each muffin cup with approx 2.5ml of the egg white mixture, needs to be just enough to cover the bottom.
    Sprinkle a small pinch of the cheese you desire onto each egg white
    Bake for 15 minutes to acquire a good crunch without burning, but check them every couple of minutes to make sure.
    Remove from oven once they are at your preferred crunch, and enjoy them with any low carb dip or solely on their own.

And for the sweet tooth:

Diet Orange Smoothie - or any other sugar free jello flavor you desire

1 6 oz container of FF Plain Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup of FF Milk
    1 Tbsp Wheat Bran
    1/4 tsp SF Orange Jello powdered mix
    2 sweetener packets
    Put in blender with 4 ice cubes and blend away.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    SaraMA1 wrote: »
    Yum, these all sound soo good!
    Here are two of my favorite snacks, one for my salty cravings and one for my sweet cravings! Enjoy

Zero Carb Cheesy Egg Chips
    These taste a lot like a low carb/fat cheeze it cracker if you make them right
    4 Egg Whites
    2 tbsp shredded cheese of your flavor choice
    1/2 tbsp water to thin it out a little
    Salt and pepper to taste if desired

*Preheat your oven to 400 and ready a non stick medium size muffin pan
    Whisk together your egg whites, water, and whatever seasoning you want to flavor
    With a syringe, fill each muffin cup with approx 2.5ml of the egg white mixture, needs to be just enough to cover the bottom.
    Sprinkle a small pinch of the cheese you desire onto each egg white
    Bake for 15 minutes to acquire a good crunch without burning, but check them every couple of minutes to make sure.
    Remove from oven once they are at your preferred crunch, and enjoy them with any low carb dip or solely on their own.

I.MUST.TRY.THIS
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love sorbet/fro-yo ice lollies in summer and baked fruit with honey and cinnamon and a big spoonful of greek yogurt in the winter.
  • whagood311
    whagood311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    watch proteinchef on youtube; he has lots of high protein desserts
  • brittlucas
    brittlucas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt plain with 1tbsp dark chocolate chips and 2 tbsp peanut butter - I put the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds then put the mixture on top of the Greek yogurt. Not only is it healthy but you have the sweet tooth taken care of by the chocolate chips and peanut butter as well. You may want to try it for breakfast though as the calories are a bit higher and it is satisfies me for a while because of the protein.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Throw some peaches or pineapple on the grill....omg...you'll totally feel like you're overindulging!
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cranachan: raspberries layered with plain yoghurt, honey and toasted rolled oats. Cranachan is a traditional Scottish dessert which uses whipped cream, but the yoghurt version is good too. The oats sound strange but are AMAZING. Just toast them in a dry pan til they turn brown.

Similarly, skinny Eton Mess: sliced strawberries layered with crushed meringue and plain yoghurt.

These two can of course be combined to make Cranachan Mess, and toasted flaked almonds are a fabulous addition. I often make this for parties and just keep all the components separate so people can make up their own, with a choice of yoghurt or whipped cream.

This sounds amazing
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just made a yummy strawberry pie that came out to 150 cal for a nice sized slice:

1 prebaked pie crust
    1 cup splenda for baking
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    1 cup boiling water
    1 pkg sugar free strawberry gelatin
    700 grams fresh strawberries (about 1 1/2 lbs)

Combine splenda & cornstarch. Stir in boiling water until dissolved. Add gelatin, stir until dissolved. Slice strawberries, mix in cooled gelatin mixture. Pour into baked pie crust. Chill until firm. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.