How Often do you Weight Yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• mistyacevedo
    Options
    I HATE the weighing thing but its nice to see the scale reversing... I do once a week first thing on the same day.
    Its nice to see results.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    what works for me is weighing every morning. If I get a good result, it motivates me, if I get a bad result, it motivates me more.

same here :)

Plus it allows me to see where I may have gone "wrong" by looking at the journal for the day before :)

It allows for tweeks :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Every single day. It helps keep me on track. I don't obsess over the number, but it's usually enough to make me think "well, I guess I shouldn't have had X, oh well, new day, let's get a lower number tomorrow"
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    what works for me is weighing every morning. If I get a good result, it motivates me, if I get a bad result, it motivates me more.

that's a good attitude to have, but most people don't see it that way, and when they see it go up a pound or two due to normal fluctuations and sometimes scale inaccuracy they totally freak out and then give up on it all
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing out of bed every morning, but I also don't worry over an increase (told myself I would not obsess over an increase unless it was more than 4 pounds, because regular female hormones and water can do that from one day to the next). I am looking at the overall graph, as long as the general movement is downward, I consider it good.

eta: if my weight goes up, I pull out my tape measure and check with it (female bloating can still cause fluctuations there too but they should not be much, maybe 1/4 inch?)
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing daily but only log weekly and measure every-other week.
  • Chemburly12
    Options

I have to agree. I weigh myself every day and log only once a week.