Calling all short girls

Options

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try your current plan and see how it goes for a few weeks? I'm 5'2" and about 100 today. I've recently resumed exercise, but if I want to lose weight without it I usually have to be a little under 1200. The closer one's weight is to one's lowest healthy weight, the harder it is to lose, so I have to make more of an effort. At the moment, I'm sort of in maintenance.
  • lillisag
    lillisag Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5ft 2" :tongue:
  • ashley_6d9
    Options
    Don't fall below 1200 cal a day. it's very unhealthy. also don't worry about only losing 1lb a week. for people who are not obese losing 1lb per week is the healthy way to lose weight. I am 5'1 137lbs 12 to go!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    5'1. Feel free to add :smile:
  • crysta1000
    crysta1000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5'1 here 146 lbs. Ultimate goal is 125. Your more than welcome to add me. :)
  • miconway45
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3 and currently 166lbs. Goal weight is between 125-130. Feel free to add! Always looking for friends and support. =)
  • eight6eleven
    eight6eleven Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4, currently 150 pounds. I'd like to lose at least 10! I keep an open diary, and would like friends on here! :)
  • sarahisfocused
    sarahisfocused Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, shorties!! I'm Sarah, 5'2 and 118lbs. Before I weighed 130lbs and lost all that weight just from tracking my diet habits and having a caloric goal each day 1,200 calories per day, thanks to my fitness pal. Also I went from my gym membership collecting dust to working out at least a minimum of 3 days per week. It's true, the good old fashioned way of eating healthy, limiting your portions, and exercising will get you to the weight you are supposed to be. :) good luck on your fitness journey.
  • RitaGal
    RitaGal Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am 5 "2 and got myself to a terrible 205 lbs!!! I am s disgusted and mad with myself. I am 44 and I have yoyoed all my life. My lowest weight as an adult was 130 and I felt so good. I want to get back to that. I started Monday and lost 2 pounds so far. I am having egg whites for breakfast, a protein and fruit shake for lunch and a salad and protein (fish or chicken) for dinner. I have stopped eating after 7 pm. I try to snack on a fruit or some no fat yogurt with berries so that I am eating every 2-3 hours.

I am trying to excercize every day and I have started with walking. I live near the beach so I try to strat my morning with an hour on the boardwalk. Later in the day I do another 30 minutes on the treadmill and I s=do some strength training every day with either arms or legs.

I hope I can keep it up and my BIG motivation is always the actual weight loss. I have set my calories at 1000! I need to see progress to stiick to it.

Congrats to all of you who sound like you are doing amazing!
  • MK608
    MK608 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey girlie! I'm 5'2 as well. I've lost 12 lbs since I really started putting in the effort (just joined MFP at the end of May, though). I still have 20 lbs to lose and I would love an accountability partner. Sounds like we have similar goals and the same ambition to get there quickly and the healthy way. Add me!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. My main goal is to get down to 150 lbs; as of today I'm 202 lbs.
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 5'1" and I would like to lose another 20-30 lbs. My daily calorie goal is set at an initial 1200 calories, but I eat more when I exercise. I'm currently trying to walk for 30 minutes per day during the week and add an in at least one hour of other activity on the weekend.

I've never tried to lose more than 1 lb per week because I'm not in a rush to lose X amount of pounds. I look at this as long term life changes. Anyone can lose weight quickly, but it takes time to develop healthy habits.

I still don't make the best choices, but every day is another chance to get it right. If anyone adds me, please include a message :flowerforyou:
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    5' 2.5" here :-) you can add me too. :wink:
  • jamiestephenmcdonnell
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I'm 5' 1" and 158lbs. I would love to lose 30lbs with all of you! If you're starting some sort of group I'd love to join!
  • msredmonroe
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 5'3'' and 160lbs looking to lose 30-40 pounds. I have really struggled lately and put on about 5 pounds recently. I have always struggled with my weight but now I feel like I really need to make a change. I am ready! I am changing my calorie allowance to 1300 a day with a 1 pound weight loss per week. We can all do this!
  • A_Raine
    A_Raine Posts: 1
    Options
    be careful setting your calories that low....if you go below 1200 you body can go into starvation mode and start to gain. The body needs at least 1200 calories a day just for normal functions like keeping your organs working etc. Good Luck with your weight loss :)
  • DailyJeanette
    Options
    Hey Girls(:
    I'm 5'3 & I'm 190 lbs and i want to get back down to 130<3
    Feel free to add me so we can be on this journey together :D
  • beeautygeek
    Options
    I am 5ft4 and need to lose just over 50lbs and would love some friends to chat with and help me reach my goal! Feel free to add me.
  • amazinglyanna92
    amazinglyanna92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and I'm 5'4". I've lost 16.4 lbs so far, so I have 40 more lbs to go until I reach my goal.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and lost 33 lbs by not eating less than 1200 calories per day (granted I started this new lifestyle change November of 2012). I'm in the gym 5-6 days per week and no more than 90 minutes each session. You don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. You don't have to starve yourself to lose the weight.

Good luck to all!!