Calling all short girls

Options

Replies

• originalffdiva
    Options
    5' 3"- New to fitness pal as of today. 49 and experiencing menopause weight gain. I am told this is hard to get rid of, hoping all of your posts will keep me inspired to keep going.

One week ago today I began a low carb-semi sugar free plan. To date I have lost 3 lbs. We'll see how the next week goes.

I am encouraged by all of you so far! Great job, ladies!
  • aslatcher
    aslatcher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am 5'2 and 189 pounds. I am married, have 4 children that are 13,11,9 and 6. I am looking to loose 54 pounds total, for a target weight of 135 lbs. I have just started using myfitnesspal, but have been using runkeeper since last year. My goal is 1200 calories a day, and I plan to walk/jog 6 days a week, minimum of 4 miles a day. I am excited and ready to do this, it feels good to have a goal!! :wink:
  • kjd2126
    kjd2126 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow shorties! I'm 5'2", 170 lbs and my target weight is 130 lbs. I'm making this site my homepage so that I'm accountable for everything I do and eat every time I get on my computer. My goal is 1200 calories a day (low sodium...I have high blood pressure), 60 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week and my strength training DVD (Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled) 3 times a week. I used to be athletic and when I look at pictures of myself from the last 13 years, there is no evidence of how that person looked or felt. My children are 5 and 12 and I want to be active with them without getting out of breath or being embarrassed because I have a hard time carrying my weight. I'm excited to find friends on this site to motivate and keep me motivated and accountable!
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 x x
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'2" and just started using MFP yesterday :) Today was Day 1 of Power 90 (Phase 1-2). I'm definitely excited to be here! Send me a request if you like, I'll be on here all throughout the day every day. My goal weight is 125 so I've got 24 lbs to go! I'm a homeschooling mom of three children (ages 9, 5 and 3) and I'm very happily married. I love to be active and on-the-go, I just didn't make the best food choices before. (Even a pescetarian can gain weight!) Very happy to meet you all!
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am 5'3 with hills! I need all the motivation, please feel free to add me as friend. Let us all encourage each other and keep each other accountable!
    I currently weigh about 165 YIKES :sad:
    My goal to lose 30-40 lbs...hopefully weigh around 125-135
  • hevans1207
    hevans1207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm about 5'2" weighing in at 168 lbs. I once weight 190 lbs and lost 55 lbs and then gained nearly 40 of it back. I'm determined again this time around. I log every day and I'm honest with what I eat/drink. Right now, I try to net around 1350 cals in order to lose 1lb per week. My goal is to get back to 135. I'm on day 14 of the 30 day shred and I also run a couple of times per week or do the elliptical. Please feel free to add me.
  • mickishugar
    mickishugar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, 5'3" here. I've only been on MFP for a few weeks and need all the motivation I can get. I have 50 lbs I'd like to lose and always start out strong and then get discouraged. I'll help you all any way I can, add me if you 'd like.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5'4" here and lost 11 lbs, want to lose another 25 :)
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    be careful setting your calories that low....if you go below 1200 you body can go into starvation mode and start to gain. The body needs at least 1200 calories a day just for normal functions like keeping your organs working etc. Good Luck with your weight loss :)

For the millionth time, 1200 calories will not put anyone in starvation mode. Moreover, a short woman often needs to eat less to see results.
  • lvnh
    lvnh Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'1" here!
  • Formeonly21
    Options
    5 ft :) looking to lose anywhere between 10-14 pounds current weight 7 stone 11 to 7 stone 13

:)
  • AZMonika
    AZMonika Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to posting and I am 5'1"! I would love to keep in touch with others who are shorter like me!
  • emalou22
    emalou22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and just joined . I need to lose 25 lbs. I do yoga frequently and I do not see that as an exercise option. I also do aerobics and race walk. Any info on yoga?
    1200 calories is not much is it?
  • emalou22
    emalou22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • Bora9
    Bora9 Posts: 3
    Options
    As we get older, our metabolism slows down and menopause does not help. However, it is not impossible to get to and keep your goal weight. Just stick to it, remember to drink 8 glasses of water, it really does help. Soon you will be on your way.
  • Bora9
    Bora9 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am 5"1' and need to lose a few pounds that I recently gained after a surgery. I love MFP. I joined yesterday and love how easy it is to keep track of my food and exercise. MFP is a great tool to losing weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Holla!
  • amanduh9911
    amanduh9911 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda. 3years ago I had just had my son. Weighing in at 221lbs! I started eating healthy, hitting the gym and losing weight like crazy! 4months later weighing in at 162-167 I had never been more confident. Unfortunately life happens and a few events have set me wayyyyy back. I'm back now to do it all again. I'm not as big as I was but I am looking to lose around 30-50 lbs. I maintain a 1000-12000 calorie- whole, fresh food only diet right now and am on day 11of insanity. Looking to make friends here and seen your post =)
  • cdn_girl
    cdn_girl Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and fairly new here.. Feel free to add me!