July  6     4.3     20.1 
    July  9    13.2     33.3 
    July 11     5.5     38.8
    July 13     7.0     45.8

exercise.png

• TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 I read online last night on Facebook that the Pokémon craze is actually causing some issues. A Holocaust museum (didn't read where it was located) urged visitors to not use the app inside. Having a slight understanding of what it's all about, personally, I would never use such an app in a location such as that one. It would make more sense to use it out in the open, but that's just my opinion.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - Your legs should be all fired up after a taper! Tired legs at the end of your training could just mean you built them up pretty well and the taper may result in some impressive gains! As for going online at work, I gt the exact same thing. Once my status shows as anything other than "away" it is non-stop. I won't even start on the volume of emails. I have to run before starting work, or maybe during lunch to get a run in. I could run late in the evening before bed but I never enjoy those runs as much as the morning runs. I suspect it is because in the morning I am refreshed and have the most energy while at night before bed I am the most spent.

Forgive me MFP! I have still not run! As penance for this lack of running I performed 3 sets each of core strength exercises, sets to failure of upper body, and squat jumps until I couldn't squat jump any more. I need to get this mental block sorted out and get my *kitten* back out there and RUN! ALL IS LOST!! GAHH!!!!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @kimlight2 Congrats!!! :smiley:

@WhatMeRunning Nothing to forgive. Get your butt running when YOU are ready. :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    July
    1-4.6mi with incline between 1-13. slow and steady
    2-nope
    3-nope
    4-nope
    5-hip and foot cramps, nope
    6-flare. jog or yoga tonight. not sure which
    7-4.11mi sprint intervals. it felt good.
    8-2 hrs of aerial yoga
    9-beat up from yoga
    10-hungover. heartbeat hurt my head
    11-still kinda hungover. too old to party
    12-slept thru my alarms and my skin is on fire. i might sneak a run in tonight. maybe. depends if clothes feel comfortable
    13-nothing-aerial yoga tonight

exercise.png

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 I forgot say earlier that Skip's coach told her to stop drinking cold/ice water after her runs and drink more of a room temperature water it will help the body cool down faster, also stopping any type of headache.
    Interesting. Not sure if it is for this reason or not, but a few years back I started drinking water at more of a room temperature (whatever temp it arrives at) simply because I heard that it can take longer to absorb when it is cold and the body tries to warm it up first. I honestly don't know if that is really true, but since then I'm just lazy and just grab some water. Doesn't bother me one bit. Some people though need their water COLD. I guess I'm just not one of them.

Mr. Google found these:

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/cold-vs-room-temperature-water-during-workouts

http://www.livestrong.com/article/441532-is-it-good-to-drink-cold-water-during-workout/

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/feel-your-best-with-water?page=2

http://www.thefitgirl.com/room-temperature-vs-ice-cold-water-which-is-better/
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I had never heard that about drinking cold water after a run. I did have cold water today after my run oddly enough, but usually I don't! My headband arrives tomorrow. I saw the email from Amazon and the name is so strange I thought someone had hacked my account. "Mission Enduracool Lockdown" and ordered a video game.

@Jessicamcb - Glad you got out of there. As a teacher, I can tell you the usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. So that's who raises guys who think that is okay.

4 miles this morning. Strength training this afternoon.

7/1 - 5.23 miles in Washington
    7/2 - 3.7 miles in Washington
    7/3 - flying home all day - no running.
    7/4 - :disappointed: couldn’t ride today.
    7/5 - 4.5 miles in the Florida heat and humidity.
    7/6 - 5 miles!
    7/7 - 4.2 miles + 1 hour spinning class
    7/8 - strength training - cancelled — rest day
    7/9 - 34 mile bike ride
    7/10 -35 miles biking
    7/11 - 5 mile run
    7/12 - 5 mile run
    7/13 - 4 miles + strength training

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7/1 - 11.5 - Easy
    7/2 - 5.86 - Recovery
    7/3 - 18.11 - Long Run
    7/4 - 2.0 - Strength Training Warmup
    7/5 - 9.0 - Tempo
    7/6 - 14.07 - Easy
    7/7 - 5.14 - Recovery
    7/8 - 12.1 - Easy W/ Strides
    7/9 - 5.1 - Recovery
    7/10 - 20.0 - Long Run
    7-11 - Rest
    7/12 - 8.01 - Tempo
    7/13 - 12.47 - Easy

Total 123.35 of 289

Nice easy 2 hr run this morning. Average pace 9:37 which was right at :30 slower than my goal marathon pace. What mother nature blessed me with as far as weather yesterday, she made up for it today. 78 degrees with 83% humidity @ 5:45am.

r5qmlwa7o0yw.png
  • Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1/7: 4.5 Miles
    3/7: 8.1 Miles
    5/7: 6.5 Miles
    7/7: 6.3 Miles
    9/7: 9.0 Miles
    11/7: 5.1 Miles
    13/7: 6.3 Miles

exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    July 1-7.3 +1.1 with the puppy
    July 2-12 miles
    July 3-8 miles
    July 4-rest day
    July 5-6 miles + 1.1 with the puppy
    July 6- 5 miles
    July 7- 4.6 miles easy + 0.4 miles with puppy (we ran into a doggie friend and she decided that play>running!)
    July 8- 4.4 miles speed intervals
    July 9-9.3 miles with Mojo group +1.3 miles with Stella
    July 10-6.1 miles
    July 11- rest
    July 12- 6.2 miles AM+4 miles PM

Have not yet done my run for today, but adding the PM portion of yesterday's run. It was supposed to be a slow and easy 36 minutes, but my friend texted me at work and asked if I wanted to meet for a run. We always end up running faster together, even when we say we are going to slow down. I guess it's just how we run together. We did 4 miles on a hilly course at 8:24 average in 89 F heat. It wasn't the easy run I had in mind (but I did cut it 2 minutes short, so there's that!). Today I get my infusion for my meds and then I have to do my run. It's supposed to be muggy and hot again, so I am kind of hoping to get caught in a downpour. Either way, the pace today will be S.L.O.W. and easy!

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

I had more than one truck full of guys follow me incredibly closely for long distances. Once I started to get near the remote trail areas I usually run I knew I had to pack it in because I just didn't feel confident these guys were going to go away. Who the hell is raising these people who think its normal to howl at women like dogs and follow them very obviously for over 2k? I think I'll be taking some rest days :(

I went on my first run when I was 16 around my block that bordered a major road in Dallas Texas. That short tenth of a mile had me rethinking what I was doing out there like bait to animals. I didn't run again for probably 6 years, after my first kid, in Atlanta Ga, with my younger brother.

It is infuriating that people act that way. What's wrong with learning the runners language and offering a "looking good, you got this", "way to run sister" rather than the obscene forplay of male pack behaviour? Daft idiots. They might as well be yelling "don't mate with me! I'll ruin your gene pool!".

Grrr! Just peeves me off!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 2 miles
    7/2 - 5 miles
    7/3 - 3 miles
    7/4- hiking day with Skip
    7/5 - 5 miles
    7/6 - 5 miles
    7/7 - rest day
    7/8 - 5 miles
    7/9 - 8 miles
    7/10 - 4 miles
    7/11 - 5 miles
    7/12 - rest day - took Skip to airport
    7/13 - 6 miles

48 of 110 miles

exercise.png

My run felt so good this morning, I was tired so I expected crappola, went out for 5 and decided to do 6, then wanted to do 7, but I needed to get to work. 69F but still 95% humidity, but the felt good.

@ddmom0811 I think ours should come today too. I laughed at the name too, very space age.

So Skip stopped drinking her citrus before you exercise drink and stopped drinking water on her run and (knock on wood) she hasn't had a stitch in the her last 2 runs which were both 5 miles I think. Yeah! Today she did a mini Tri, she ran 5, biked 2 and swam for 20 minutes. I want to visit Grandma!!!!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Options
    @greenolivetree Great run but sorry to hear about your allergies... :disappointed: I can only imagine what they do to those of you who have to suffer all spring/summer/fall long.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78 I can't complain too much because I used to have allergies Feb-Nov and now it's only a few weeks a year. Seems like getting outside more helped me build up some immunity.

@skippygirlsmom Your run sounds opposite of mine :-D But I'll be happy for you!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @greenolivetree hope the allergies ease up soon. You'll get it next time.
    @jessicamcb time to start carrying mace or a stun gun, that should fix them if they decide to actually stop. I've been lucky enough (or unappealing enough) that I haven't had this happen to me. Skip runs alone a lot, she now carries mace (thanks to our doggie being pit bull attacked) but also because the Detective on my street stressed he thought it was important. I did ask if we had issues in town and he did say no but better safe than sorry. She's had more than her share of "cat calls" out car windows, she usually just continues on like she didn't hear them or gives them a little wave and keeps going. Where it gets scary is where the follow you, or turn around, or stop, or try to hit you. WTH is wrong with people? Though I do find that boys yelling out car windows tend to be cowards. So sorry this happened to you.
    @shanaber sorry you didn't have a good run, I agree that you'll be ready for the HM!
    @kimlight2 super job on the 7 miler!
    @whatmerunning oh you should be sorry you haven't run - now get out there! :wink:
    @stoshew71 thanks for all the reading material :smile:

Edited to add: on the Pokemon thing, I told Skip I didn't think she should download this app. I have already read too many things I don't like. People being lured to places and robbed, one girl being lured to where a dead body was. Also I don't like the idea that "something" is tracking her via her GPS and I understand the APP downloads and stores all the information on your email address. She had no interest in it anyway.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

@jessicamcb time to start carrying mace or a stun gun, that should fix them if they decide to actually stop. I've been lucky enough (or unappealing enough) that I haven't had this happen to me.

Same here. I think it's just young boys hollering at young women. I run in a park, someone would have to approach me on foot. And that'd 1. Be a fight, 2. Me running the hell outta there.

I vaguely remember an article by a woman that ran in a city and it was a persistent problem. She was trying to push for it to be taken more seriously.

But if they are just a bunch a boys yelling, they probably are less of a threat than the slow creeper that passes you 10 times, just oogleling. Time to change routes or run with company.
  • CGar321
    CGar321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    7/9 - 4.0
    7/11 - 4.66

8.66 of 45

Races:
    2/7 - Super Sunday Fun Run 10K
    3/13 - Shamrock 1/2 Marathon
    5/7 - Disney Tinkerbell 10K
    5/8 - Disney Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon

9/3 - Disneyland 10K
    9/4 - Disneyland 1/2 marathon
    10/2 - Urban Cow 1/2 marathon
    12/4 - California International Marathon
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78 I wish I'd thought of that. Honestly i was just trying to focus on where I was in the route/how far I was from regular traffic flow because the further away from it I was the more risk I was taking on and with three kids I can't do risky. Keeping that in mind for the future (that hopefully never comes).

@Elise4270 I am used to the creepy cat-calling in passing in this town (I had some random carnival worker be VERY rude as I walked with my three girls past the fair grounds yesterday, gross) but them following me so slowly for so long was unnerving. I'm glad you obviously got back into running eventually. I won't let it keep me down longer than a couple of days, though I think I'll probably have to start running obnoxious in-and-outs on trail to build to the distance I want :(

@skippygirlsmom what an awesome neighbour to be concerned about your daughter like that! Canada so I can't see myself carrying a stun gun haha. But I admittedly do need to start carrying bear mace because there's always bear advisory on the latter 3k of the trails. Why do people have to suck?

Thanks for the commiseration all, I hope everyone rocks their runs today!

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    New conundrum. I have the 5 mile race/fun run tomorrow evening.... But I really don't want to skip my morning run. Since I'm running in the afternoon with my brother (really out of shape) and we might not even run the whole thing.....think I'll be ok running morning and evening?