• TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift I hear ya in wishing for fall weather... :tongue:
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    So I have a funny story while we are all talking about creepers. I did not witness this as I heard it second hand from the "victom" who is part of our running group. She posted it on FB.

So apparently one morning, Holly was out running and she heard a guy drive by in a pickup scream out, "Nice *kitten*!". She turned around and saw a Madison police car hit the lights and pulled the guy over. She kept on running.

Since she told this story to us, she became the butt of the joke ever since.

OMG, pun-ville here we come! :wink:
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Today's run was recovery with a little interval thrown in for the fun of it. I just listened to my body and did what I could in 30 mins. No exciting stories to report though, that's what you get for doing your run on a treadmill and watching a parking lot fill up. lol

Almost half way towards my goal! :smiley:

exercise.png

1/7: REST
    2/7: 5.44 km
    3/7: REST
    4/7: 3.00 km
    5/7: sick
    6/7: 1.00 km (still recovering)
    7/7: 3.64 km
    8/7: 4.00 km
    9/7: 5.00 km
    10/7: REST
    11/7: 4.19 km
    12/7: 3.50 km
    13/7: 4.83 km
    14/7: 3.87 km

Races:

9/7: Tropicolour 5K
    23/7: Zombies Run! App Ultra-Violet 5K
    6/8: Colour Vibe 5K
    20/8: Zombies Run! App Visiting Van Ark 10K
    3/9: Zombies Run! App Jeffro Complex 20K
    24/9: Obstacle Course “Coureur des bois”
    20/10-01/11 : Zombies Run! App 2016 Fall Virtual Run (seriously thinking about it still)
  • sara_bear84
    sara_bear84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    14th July - 5km

exercise.png

Races this year
    9th April - Spring Wolf Run
    12th June - Summer Wolf Run

4th September - Autumn Wolf Run
    6th November - Winter Wolf Run
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    July
    1-4.6mi with incline between 1-13. slow and steady
    2-nope
    3-nope
    4-nope
    5-hip and foot cramps, nope
    6-flare. jog or yoga tonight. not sure which
    7-4.11mi sprint intervals. it felt good.
    8-2 hrs of aerial yoga
    9-beat up from yoga
    10-hungover. heartbeat hurt my head
    11-still kinda hungover. too old to party
    12-slept thru my alarms and my skin is on fire. i might sneak a run in tonight. maybe. depends if clothes feel comfortable
    13-nothing-aerial yoga tonight
    14-lazy and a few nagging foot and groin strain issues

exercise.png

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    July 1-7.3 +1.1 with the puppy
    July 2-12 miles
    July 3-8 miles
    July 4-rest day
    July 5-6 miles + 1.1 with the puppy
    July 6- 5 miles
    July 7- 4.6 miles easy + 0.4 miles with puppy (we ran into a doggie friend and she decided that play>running!)
    July 8- 4.4 miles speed intervals
    July 9-9.3 miles with Mojo group +1.3 miles with Stella
    July 10-6.1 miles
    July 11- rest
    July 12- 6.2 miles AM+4 miles PM
    July 13- 3.9 miles+1.1 with the pup
    July 14- 5 miles AM

Another 2 a day planned for today. This evenings run will be short and sweet though. Yesterday's run was just brutal. I got my Crohn's meds infusion in the afternoon and set out to do my run afterwards. They give me a steroid injection in my IV to counteract some allergic tendencies I have to the meds. This always elevates my body temp and my heart rate a bit, but I frequently run afterwards and it's not an issue. Yesterday it was 95F according to my car (so maybe a little lower, but it was damn hot!). I considered skipping the run but I was being stubborn. About three miles in, at what is normally a reasonably comfortable pace for me, my heart felt like it was going to thump out of my chest. I decided that I was being both stubborn and stupid and called it quits at 3.9 miles. I had to walk for quite a while to get my HR back down. Not a good run.

Later I decided to finish my 5 miles with the puppy. We went for a long walk then finished it up with a 1.1 mile run. When we got home, she flopped down in the middle of the kitchen floor and laid there for 10 minutes breathing heavy. She never does that. I was pretty sure I killed her. Lesson learned: sometimes the miles are just not worth it.

Thunderstorms cooled things off a bit last night. It was still a bit sticky this morning, but at least there was a nice breeze. I did my 5 miles slow and easy and it felt great. Definitely made up for yesterday!

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 5 mile run with 3 miles of hills....10 min pilates
    July 2 - 2 mi "trail running fail".....4 miles real running :-p
    July 3 - 2.5 mi hard run
    July 4 - Rest day
    July 5 - 3 mi easy run....1.5 mi walk with sprinting intervals....25 min strength/pilates/stretching
    July 6 - 4 mi run
    July 7 - 30 min indoor cardio, 30 min strength/pilates
    July 8 - 6 mile run with 2 miles of hill repeats
    July 9 - 5 mi run
    July 10 - Sick day
    July 11 - 2 mi awful run......40 min cardio/strength circuit type workout
    July 12 - 4 mi easy run followed by 1 mi of strides and .5 jog home = 5.5 miles
    July 13 - 5 slow miles
    July 14 - Rest day????

38.5 miles of 60 (all bonus miles go to our invalids) ***I'm starting to think I may actually hit 100 miles this month***

Definitely no running today but maybe I'll squeeze in some light activity.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Question: I would like to know what you fuel your body with pre-run and post-run.

Right now, I run in the mornings, so I wake up and go with no food ingested. Once I'm done, I drink my protein shake and a bit later eat a banana and a yogurt.

If I wanted to run in the evenings, it would be best to eat a light meal and run a few hours after eating, but I'm curious as to what you "non-novice" runners consume.

Thanks!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift thought you'd find this article about Oiselle interesting

http://www.outsideonline.com/2088316/watch-birdie
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Question: I would like to know what you fuel your body with pre-run and post-run.

Right now, I run in the mornings, so I wake up and go with no food ingested. Once I'm done, I drink my protein shake and a bit later eat a banana and a yogurt.

If I wanted to run in the evenings, it would be best to eat a light meal and run a few hours after eating, but I'm curious as to what you "non-novice" runners consume.

Thanks!

Pre run in the morning (coffee). That's it.
    Post run: 1% milk with Whey Protein Powder and either PowerAde or Gatorade (32 oz).
  • skippygirlsmom
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7/1 - 2 miles
    7/2 - 5 miles
    7/3 - 3 miles
    7/4- hiking day with Skip
    7/5 - 5 miles
    7/6 - 5 miles
    7/7 - rest day
    7/8 - 5 miles
    7/9 - 8 miles
    7/10 - 4 miles
    7/11 - 5 miles
    7/12 - rest day - took Skip to airport
    7/13 - 6 miles
    7/14 - 6 miles

54 of 110 miles

exercise.png

@shanaber ha ha good for you! I would have paid to see their faces. Sometimes I run in a area they are doing new construction and a lot of the workers are Mexican. From time to time I'll run by and I notice hammers will stop and so will the talking, without looking I just wave and yell "Hola", I usually hear laughter then hammering. I guess they figure they got caught, of course this happens more frequently when Skip is running with me. :wink: I will never understand the mentality of a man (boy) who wants to yell curses or abusive stuff at women. I'm okay with a car going by and yelling "looking good" or something but honestly crap like "like *kitten*" is rude. Of course one day this really hot guy was in the mall and Skip and I were hiding behind the racks looking at him OMG talk about creeping!!!
    @5beautifuldays sounds like you are having a not so good day. Don't look at what you haven't accomplished this year, but look at what you have accomplished. I know it can get so frustrating to be in a rut and feel like you are not getting better, I can assure you that you are.
    @9voice9 I sent Skip a picture of them last night and she said "thanks Mom can you put them in my room?" Momma said WHAT? I have already paid it forward and gave one to Skip, one to me and one to my neighbor :smile:
    @tattooeddolphingirl78 when I run in the morning I eat nothing before if it's a work day. Sometimes on the weekends I might eat a few crackers or a pop tart if I'm going to the greenway to run. Then I eat breakfast around 90 mins later (if it's a work day) and honestly I'm a junk food junkie and I eat whatever I feel like.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I still consider myself novice after 2 years (LOL - I spent the first 18 months very inconsistent!) but anyway....morning runs I usually run on empty. Unless I know I didn't eat much the night before, I might eat a Lara bar or something. Post-run....just depends. I try to make sure I get protein and not just carbs but it really varies quite a bit from day to day. A lot of times it's scrambled eggs whites and fruit though.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    Options
    Thanks for all the input so far! :smiley: It's nice to know that I'm not too far off myself.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @TattooedDolphinGirl78 - Morning runs I also run fasted, unless it's >12 miles. Afterwards I just have my breakfast which is usually a protein bar and a piece of fruit or a protein shake made with milk and banana. On the weekends, it's usually eggs of some sort. When I run in the evenings, I usually do it before dinner (I am a late eater). I have an afternoon snack about 1-2 hours before my run. Typically peanut butter and banana, fruit and plain Greek yogurt or a protein bar...something around 200 calories. I don't think there is any "best" practice as far as eating and running. Just about everyone I know does something different depending on what works for them.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Falling behind on here, but definitely spending much more time on the bike & in the pool as of late. Got in both a post bike hard run in the mid-day Florida sun (as a teammate convinced me to join him at an 8 pace for 6 miles after our group bike, stuck with him for the first 3, then decided not to run myself sick, so slowed for the last 3), and a short treadmill session last night, as my legs were shot.

7/2 - 9 miles
    7/4 - 1 mile
    7/5 - 7 miles
    7/6 - 5 miles
    7/7 - 1 mile (lift warmup)
    7/8 - 3 miles
    7/9 - 5 miles
    7/10 - 11.5 miles
    7/12 - 1 mile (lift warmup)
    7/13 - 8 miles

Total: 51.5 miles
    Goal: 180 miles
    Remaining: 128.5 miles

2016 Race Schedule:
    Disney Marathon - Jan 6 - 3:29:09
    Gasparilla 15K - Feb 20 - 1:01:59
    Ironman 70.3 Florida - Apr 10 - 5:07:51
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 1 - 3:08:25

Ironman 70.3 Augusta - Sep 25
    Chicago Marathon - Oct 9
    Ironman Florida - Nov 5
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I think my metabolism slowed down some while I was recovering from the HM. I'm up about 2# and was eating within my calorie goals.....but now that I started running again, as of Saturday, I think it went into overdrive I'm ALWAYS Hungry!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @lporter229 I meant to mention you earlier. I didn't realize (or don't remember) reading you had Crohn's, my Mom has that, very nasty disease. Hope you're feeling better today and the weather cooperates.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift thought you'd find this article about Oiselle interesting

http://www.outsideonline.com/2088316/watch-birdie

Wow. I read to Goucher's story and could read any more. I knew I disliked nike for a reason. I love my Oiselle shorts and bras.