Two Weeks Off - UGH! Dreading This

2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    sllm1 wrote: »
    The fitter you are, the more quickly you go back to being fit when you take time off.

Your body will do great things with a little rest. Try to relax. :)

Also, it may be beneficial to strike a bit of balance in your life...it's really not a healthy mindset to think you need to be training all of the time and if you don't, the world is going to come to an end...
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2016
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Also, it may be beneficial to strike a bit of balance in your life...it's really not a healthy mindset to think you need to be training all of the time and if you don't, the world is going to come to an end...

I agree, I think you should rather work on balancing your workouts with real life.
    For me at least, I live healthy and work out to be able to enjoy the rest of my life but not the other way round. If I had such an awesome vacation planned I would happily skip the gym and not worry about any gains - it seems like such a waste of time and money to be worrying about something so small.

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I went for my first run this morning in about 10 days after some days of enforced rest. I took it very easy, but felt strong and could easily have kept going a whole lot longer.
    If anything, the rest did me good. I'll be building up my training again from now, but am confident that this hasn't stopped me, and hasn't hindered my training for some upcoming events.

I can't say whether the same thing applies to strength training, but to be honest it doesn't really matter, you need to find a way to deal with it.
    Life is always going to force adjustments to your routine - perhaps look at this as an opportunity to work on different things, and definitely a chance to realise that life doesn't come crashing down and the scale doesn't have to go shooting up just because your routine is changing temporarily.