Consume very few cal a day and no significant weight loss

Options
Hello. I am 28 female, 150 lb(69kg) and 162 cm
So, My daily consume calories must have around 1500 to be the healthy diet , Even though I eat less than 1000 a day for 3 months and my weight is still constant. One more things, I kick out Sugar, sugar content juice and food, oil and fast food..
usually my breakfast is Fresh juice (mango/ papaya) lunch is vermichilli salad and some meat , Dinner, one banana or some juice.. So what's wrong with me , why so hard to reduce weight ??

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? If MFP says you should be consuming 1500 to lose weight, you should easily be losing on 1000 (which isn't recommended).
  • Heatbria
    Heatbria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your diet doesn't sound balanced at and juice isn't enough full. I did weight watchers for years and I found what helped most was eating all my available calories especially those extra calories earned in exercise, adding more protein, and keeping my body in check by changing foods up.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    If that fruit juice is large, it's more calories and sugar than most breakfasts I'd say most on here consume. What dressing is on that pasta salad? And a banana with more fruit juice for dinner? Firstly, dull, secondly, sugar, thirdly, are you sure that's all you eat?! No snacks? If you ate under 1000 cals you would lose, no argument, cut and dry. Use this system accurately and it will work trust us!!
  • pstewartgw434
    pstewartgw434 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to much sugar eat more protein and veggies stop eating fruit all together. And if you must eat fruit eat it in the morning or pre workout and eat whole fruit don't ever drink juice of anything. Also bump your calories up to 1300-1500 and make sure you are counting correct.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    holy juice overload - juice for breakfast and dinner? where's the food? eat regular food (weighed in grams) and get some protein in!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be losing weight, if your figures are accurate.
    I think it is time to see your health care professional to rule out any medical reason why you are not losing weight.
  • sallynewberry
    sallynewberry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read between blogs on MFP and other websites consuming less than 1,200 calories per day can actually put your body into starvation mode which will either keep you from losing weight or can actually cause you to gain more weight. These article I'm reading say if you are set at a 1,200 calorie per day diet and you exercise you need to eat the calories you lose by exercising back to keep yourself at 1,200. Also, women who eat less than 1,200 calories per day are not getting the required nutrition needed to keep themselves healthy. I would talk to your Dr. but I'm he/she will tell you the same thing. Weight loss needs to be slow & consistent to keep yourself healthy and to help avoid gaining the weight back. Good luck to you!
  • OoPiam
    OoPiam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OoPiam wrote: »
    Hello. I am 28 female, 150 lb(69kg) and 162 cm
    So, My daily consume calories must have around 1500 to be the healthy diet , Even though I eat less than 1000 a day for 3 months and my weight is still constant. One more things,I kick out Sugar, sugar content juice and food, oil and fast food..
    usually my breakfast is Fresh juice (mango/ papaya) lunch is vermichilli salad and some meat , Dinner, one banana or some juice.. So what's wrong with me , why so hard to reduce weight ??

You say you kicked out sugar and sugar content juice, yet you have juice for breakfast, and choose a high sugar fruit and/or juice again for dinner.

If you were truly eating less than 1000 calories then weight would be falling off of you. Somethings not adding up here.

then, what would be the substitute for juice, I mean fresh juice.. Sometime i bland itself or sometime with fat free milk.. Even lunch ( salad) I eat very few
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Why so little calories? That'll make you rather sick eventually.

You don't need to stave and be miserable to lose weight.

Chose to eat more protein (meat, fish, eggs, tofu, dairy) and fats. Actually, try a balance of protein fats and carbs. Fuel your body appropriately. Eat AT LEAST 1200 and eat back 30-50% of your exercise calories back. There is no way you'd be gaining (you won't gain until you go over your own maintenance calories and any gain after upping calories and staying under maintenance is just water weight). I am 5'3.5" @ 170ishlbs and eat 1477 (according to this spreadsheet) to lose around .9lb per week.

Weigh all the food that you eat. That means, weigh each component of a sandwich, salad or recipe. Everything. Use spoons and cups for actual liquids only (no, not for soups, just liquids.) Choose accurate database entries that reflect the nutritional information on the packaging.