Fitbit works for me because...

Options
13»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hey thinking of buying well. In a nutshell do they measure your steps, measure how many calories you burn throw the day and measure your heartbeart? Also it says sleep, what does it do while you sleep?

Yes, they measure your steps and calories burned.

Some measure your heart rate (Charge HR, Surge, and maybe others).

The ones that monitor your sleep tell you how many hours you've slept, and how many times you've been restless.

Compare different fitbits at: https://www.fitbit.com/au/compare

They also sync with the wireless Aria scale, if that interests you.

I've found the capability of Fitbit syncing with MFP to be invaluable.

My Fitbit Charge HR doesn't just send step counts to MFP, but calories burned information, which means that my runs are accurately calculated and I earn more calories when I make more effort.
  • Lorraine7486
    Lorraine7486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Hey thinking of buying well. In a nutshell do they measure your steps, measure how many calories you burn throw the day and measure your heartbeart? Also it says sleep, what does it do while you sleep?

Yes, they measure your steps and calories burned.

Some measure your heart rate (Charge HR, Surge, and maybe others).

The ones that monitor your sleep tell you how many hours you've slept, and how many times you've been restless.

Compare different fitbits at: https://www.fitbit.com/au/compare

They also sync with the wireless Aria scale, if that interests you.

I've found the capability of Fitbit syncing with MFP to be invaluable.

My Fitbit Charge HR doesn't just send step counts to MFP, but calories burned information, which means that my runs are accurately calculated and I earn more calories when I make more effort.

Brilliant. thanks for the info. think I'll have to invest in one :)
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit too. I have the Alta and love that I can see stats daily as well as the weekly comparison. I have definitely become more active wearing it, and it motivates me to move more. I've had it almost a month now and feel great walking 5 miles/day. Never ever thought I'd say that, but it really is addicting (in a healthy way). :smiley: It's wonderful to see it syncing so easily with MFP.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I use it as a motivator for me to get pass 10,000 steps. :) Also, I can link it to MFP. I know the numbers will be fudged (just as most things will) but I can use it as a starting point and go from there.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex (for now, will upgarde eventually) and it works for me because it helps me see how active I've been, so when I'm lagging behind usual stats, I will make more of an effort to get up and move. Also, I'm competitive, so the challenges with my friends help a lot. I do things now like get off the bus early, walk between errands instead of taking the bus, etc.
  • Ricardinho88
    Ricardinho88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I think it's a fantastic bit of kit. There's something pretty addictive about seeing your stats go up and up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!