What do you miss?

Options
124»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    tri_gal_87 wrote: »
    This isn't fun at all - those tears already give that away so you know it too - if you "give up" something and miss it, not just cut it out because it's not worth the calories/stress/misery, it's not going to work. You WILL crave and you WILL cave. You can cut back without cutting completely out. No food can hinder weight loss as long as you are in a sustained calorie deficit.

I don't believe this at all. I can miss something but realize it's not worth it. Instead of chinese food, I get sushi. And I still get regular pizza on occasion (once a month maybe), but I eat it less because it's "not worth the calories/stress/misery". That's just called eating healthier.

If you eat something once per month or once per year, you haven't cut it out.

If you miss it, it means it's worth the calories, and you can/should incorporate it in moderate amounts. You don't have to eat a whole pie (or whatever) in one sitting even if it's served in portions like that.

If you can't eat it in moderate amounts, it means that it's a food that triggers overeating, aka stress/misery.

I can understand missing overeating, but overeating is not a food.

I have struggled with overeating and forbidding food myself for so many years, until finally it clicked. I just want to share a different view. I understand that it won't click unless you're ready, so I won't go on about this here.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Saturday night mindless snacking. I mean, it was mostly boredom after a few handfuls of things but it was nice to mindlessly eat now and again. I will probably do a bit of it when I get to maintenance, aware of the need to balance it out the rest of the week but yeah, that spontaneous going to the supermarket and getting a bunch of yummies for a night in without worrying how much I was eating.

But I like not being fat, or at least less fat, more.

This. Very much.
  • moodygnome
    moodygnome Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TheTagman wrote: »
    Bread....I really miss bread.

Oh yes, me too. Used to make a lot of homemade bread and I miss the smell as much as the taste

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I miss eating whatever I want, whenever I want it. I love food!
    That is the reason I became morbidly obese.
    However, I like being a normal weight more than I miss overeating everything, so I will keep on paying attention to portion control and staying within my maintenance calories.
    All foods in moderation is working for me, so I still eat everything I love, I just don't eat excess amounts.